Servicing my 1994 GTX jet pump

Rivergator

Petty Officer 1st Class
I was wondering if anyone knows of an equal or better substitute synthetic oil that I can buy at an auto parts store, West Marine or other source that I can use instead of the Sea Doo Jet Pump Oil P/N 293 600 011?
Also what is the proper way to check the oil level in the cone? Cone facing up, cone facing down or cone in the horizontal position (normal position when pump is installed in Sea Doo)?

alldodge

Staff member
I was wondering if anyone knows of an equal or better substitute synthetic oil that I can buy at an auto parts store, West Marine or other source that I can use instead of the Sea Doo Jet Pump Oil P/N 293 600 011?
Also what is the proper way to check the oil level in the cone? Cone facing up, cone facing down or cone in the horizontal position (normal position when pump is installed in Sea Doo)?

I use amsoil or Mobil 1 synthetic gear lube 75w-90 and fill it with the hole facing up to the top.

The way I do it is remove the plug and face it down, let it drain for a hour, then turn it up and refill. Only holds 4oz