Seating/Console Dimensions and Sizing

fdmsiv

Petty Officer 1st Class
I am about to start building all of the seating and C/C for my boat and I have no idea about sizes for stuff. I am a large dude, so any measurements for myself maybe uncomfortable for an average sized person.

Are there standards for measurement for seat height, width, depth, etc. What about the sizing of the console, height of steering wheel, controls, etc.?

tashasdaddy

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Seating/Console Dimensions and Sizing

i would build the console to fix you, your height, the seats measure a dining chair. they are pretty much the same as far as depth and back, just the boat seat usually in shorter to the deck. most back to back seats have 8 or 10 inch bases, then the seat on top. about 14 -15 inches off the deck.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i agree......build it to fit u !

grab a beer, a measuring tape, a chair with the legs cut off.
put the chair on a crate or somthing,..... and pretend your on the water......:eek: :D

how high do you want to sit?

keep adding stuff under the chair till you find out how high you want to sit........

there is also adjustable pedistal seat bases that you can buy right here at i boats. start with the minimum height you want, and the adjustable pedistal will give you a height range.

LORDY611

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I did this last year and would suggest trying out various heights of your controls. Mine fits great while seated (existing seats, new side console) but could stand to be a bit higher when I stand for better visibility. As it is now I must lean a little to get to the single-lever controls.