Seat Removal?

rgc67shelby

Recruit
Can someone please tell me how to remove the port side bench seat from a 1992 26.55 Aft cabin sunbridge. I need to recover the seats and I have not been able to figure out how to get the seats out. Thanks in advance

Stratocaster

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Seat Removal?

The screws are buried, and I mean buried, in the folds of the vinyl. You have to dig for them with your fingers. HINT: Remove the access panel from the ceiling at the head of the aft berth to see the pointy ends of the screws. Once you find them (Phillips head) back them out. There will also be a few driven into the seat base from inside the cave. They will be hidden in the monkey fur. Once again, feel around, and once you find them, there will be a tiny slit in the fur (sorry if this sounds x rated) and you can take the screws out. That should do it. I used to have the same boat, and it took a while to find them all, but I got 'em and the seat came out.

Tomorrow Came

Recruit
Re: Seat Removal?

I have a 1990 2651 Sunbridge that had no seats at all when I got it. I had the "L" lounge made to Bayliner original specs and have a suggestion...have the upholsterer do three colors in seperate cushions. Then if they tear or get damaged, you only have to replace one piece. Email me at bill@visionintegrators.net and I will send you pictures.