FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I put new seats on our pontoon boat earlier this summer. I am looking for something to clean/protect the seats. I have heard of 303 cleaner, but can't find it locally. Is there anything I can pick up at Wal Mart that would be safe?
Ive used the 3M marine vinyl cleaner/protector from wallyworld, it has some UV inhibitors in it, seemed like it did the job. Look for it in the boating/fishing section, but if you want the best get the 303 somehow.
I ordered the 303 protectant over the internet as it is not easy to find. It works really well and I would recommend it.
Use Fantastic to clean the vinyl seats, that's what is recommended in my Godfrey manual and it works great.
When you put the 303 on you can then clean the seats with spray water as the dirt wipes right off and you won't need a cleaner.
I use the 3M protector/restorer mentioned above...seems to do well at preventing dirt and stains from setting in, but doesn't seem to do well removing dirt and stain already present. I have some white vinyl areas that have some stubborn stains that came with the boat that 3M just won't touch them (could just be that nothing will touch the stain, no matter the brand or type).
I have used 3M automotive products (on my cars) in the past and have always been pleased with their products. Seem to be a solid company that makes decent products.