SEARK

CN Spots

Lieutenant Commander
Re: SEARK

SeaArk? A couple of us posted on them a few months ago but the admins never added Seaark to the list. Excellent boats. Very tough. I'm not too crazy about the layouts on the new bass boats though. Each to his own I guess. <br /><br />spots

damcodon

Recruit

Great boats and very versatile. Just traded our 2072 PLD for a new V-CAT with a Yamaha 150HP. Unbelievable performance, durabilty and ride. Setup is great for fishing catfish tournaments or bass tournaments. Layouts can be ordered in any configruation, so just design your own.

CRETE4U

Cadet

:)I sure like mine. I found some self etching primer at NAPA that matches the OD color just about right for touch up. I'm thinking about making it a lighter color inside though. That thing is hot in the summer.

buy new sea ark or used? do you save much in looking for an older used one or should I just get off my wallet and get what I want?
Thanks, Tom

catfishcharlie

Seaman Apprentice

I was fortunate enough to find a new, never titled outlaw 170 side console a week ago. It was a 2005 model and I got it for 2/3 the price. The dealer had not sold sea ark since 2005. The weather has been so bad that I havent even put it in the water. Let you know how I like once I try it out.
It sure looks sweet though, look around and you can usually find a deal.

Catfishcharlie

Thanks for the reply, I thought no one was going to tell me anything. I'd like to know or hear from other Sea Ark owners and learn what model they have, what/where they use it, and if they are happy with them or have any regrets too. Thanks again, Tom

servisstom

Recruit

I own a 2001 zx180 that I purchase in 2004 and it is a very good boat in my opinion.

CRETE4U

Cadet

Well I went a different route. I bought a 2072 with factory installed diamond plate floor and trailer from a SeaArk dealer and a Yamaha 90 HP 2 stroke from another place. I then rigged it out myself buying stuff from where ever I could find it. Don't know how much money I saved, if any, but it is layed out the way I wanted it and I sure like it. I use it inshore saltwater in central Fl. west coast.

I have a chance to get a stripped out 2060 with a 90HP, the boat is a '99 and the motor is an '89.
Then there is a Lowe Fish and ski 2222 with a 115HP and it is all 1996. Which way is the way to go, will the Lowe have rotten deck potential? It does have new upulstry but the carpet is trashed, and any idea what the thickness of the aluminum is on them? Or what they weigh? I'm pulling with a conversion van E-150 with a 302 so it doesn't have a ton of guts.
Thanks, Tom

dtgerner

Recruit

bought a new sea ark easy 200 white/beige with a 150 merc verado. what a set up. we took it out for the first time yesterday and love it. the motor is so quiet that you cant hear it over the wind noise at wide open throttle and at idle you can only hear a hum in the backround. the boat handled great. there were other boats out and i couldn't believe how it cut the waves for an aluminum boat. the boat has a great layout also. nice seats for other people so you can take more than two people in comfort. also nice platforms for bass fishing, nice front deck for catfishing trotlines. it was 98 degrees out and the finish was cool to walk on. we run the missouri river so mud and sand is an issue. when i got home, just hosed her out. i have owned other aluminum boats but this one is head and shoulders above the rest. i am very happy. thanks sea ark.

snal

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Heading out this afternoon to pick up a new-to-me 1996 2472 w/center console. Wood floor has been removed, and I think I'll go back with aluminum tread plate since I own a metal fab shop. The boat has a 1997 Mariner 140 jet drive on it. It's in good shape for a 13 y/o boat...no dents..but does have a few small cracks at the factory welds that need to be welded back up...I can do that myself. First order is to strip it down, probably flip it, take care of the welds, then re-paint and re-floor. It has a front and rear casting deck, but otherwise it's wide open except for the CC.
Thinking seriously about building a good sized t-top for the CC...and possibly a canvas enclosure that'll close up the helm for foul weather use, and adding a rod/gun locker port and starboard...maybe a poling platform aft (can a 2472 possibly be polled?)