FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
I removed my lowe unit to replace it. The sealing ring rubber sleeve and spacer were left behind. They didn't come out with the drive shaft. How do I remove them. 70Hp. Chrysler
It is a rubber sleeve, a seal, and a spacer that fits on top of the drive shat at the spines. They didn,t slide out with the rest of the drive shaft. I talked to a guy at Seneca lake tody and he said to try using a dowel to try to get them out of the itermediate unit. It is difficult I can't get the sleeve through the hole. i was wondering if someone who has had this problem had some easy way to do it.any help is greatly appreciated.
Hooray!!! I got it out. I tried a rod, and variious other things to try to reach into that little hole way up inside there. What worked was the all purpose tool, the coat hanger. I am back in business.