seadoo xp 1997

dazedee

Recruit
hi guys.im new to all this,but wanting some help to convert my ski to pre-mix.if someone could give me a step to step guide on doing this i would be very grateful.thanxs

Yamahaha1

Cadet
Re: seadoo xp 1997

Hi Dazedee: Here is a link to what you need and It is pretty straight-forward easy install... http://www.shopsbt.com/jetski/36-005.html Just remember from then on you have to mix your gas..or engine will seize. 50 to 1 ratio is about standard but you could google to make certain. Good Luck and Happy Skiing!

bigdaddypt

Petty Officer 1st Class

You're going to want a 40:1 ratio. Also, with the 787cc motor, it has a rotary valve that is going to need lubrication that will not be covered by the block off. Loop the RV lines with oil in them and you'll be ok.

dazedee

Recruit
Re: seadoo xp 1997 pre-mix conversion

You're going to want a 40:1 ratio. Also, with the 787cc motor, it has a rotary valve that is going to need lubrication that will not be covered by the block off. Loop the RV lines with oil in them and you'll be ok.

hi,the site that was suggested does not do a block off plate for a 97 xp.also would it be possible to leave the 2 pipes from the oil reservoir to the crank, connected.

lexer440

Petty Officer 1st Class

I believe the rotary valve is gravity fed and if you leave those pipes connected it will continue to be fed from oil tank supply.

SpitAndDirt

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi guys.im new to all this,but wanting some help to convert my ski to pre-mix.if someone could give me a step to step guide on doing this i would be very grateful.thanxs

Just curious, why would you decide to go pre-mix? The oil injection system works quite well if you bleed it properly. The fuel lines should be of more concern than your oil injection, just my $.02.

dazedee

Recruit

thinking of going to pre-mix cause ive heard the oil pump is very unreliable and it will give me piece of mind knowing the engine isnt gonna go pop!