Sea Rayder Jet Boat Radio Problems

bowens01

Cadet
I installed a CD player and 4 speakers in my jet boat last year. The radio works fine when the boat eninge is off.

When the boat is running the radio cuts in and out, so it is pretty much worthless. Is it cutting in and out because there is too much power or not enough power going to the CD player? Any ideas on the problem and how to correct it?

It's a 95 sea rayder f-14 with a 120hp mercury sport jet.

Thanks,
Brian

H20Rat

Vice Admiral
Re: Sea Rayder Jet Boat Radio Problems

what type of spark plugs?

bowens01

Cadet

I am using the recommended champion #L76V plugs.

Audio Greg

Cadet

Is the radio turning off and on (display turning on and off), or is the sound just cutting in and out? Does it happen only on CD, or with AM/FM as well? Any accessories other than the Source Unit and the 4 Speakers?

bowens01

Cadet

The sound cuts in and out, but the receiver stays on. It does it when I play a CD or when I am listing to radio stations. I have no other accessories hooked up.

Audio Greg

Cadet

Does it start cutting in and out immediately after starting or does it take a little while?

What kind of intervals does it cut in/out for? 2 seconds on, 10 seconds off? constantly changing every second?

Does the volume level make a difference?

You asked about too much/too little power. If you have a DMM or voltmeter have you check voltage running vs. not running?

Sorry so many questions, but the more I know, the faster I can help you find the problem.