sea pro 2002 17cc fish finder?

sea tonic

Recruit
The Eagle fish finder on my sea pro needs to be replaced. THe screen is shot on it. Has anyone replaced their fish finder??? Is it possible to pull the new wires through the hull by tying them on to the old wire and pulling it through? ANy help on this would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!

gator919

Cadet
Re: sea pro 2002 17cc fish finder?

my sea pro is a bit older 93 but when I replaced mine it was a piece of cake. There ia a pvc pipe that goes straight from under the console to the transome. to make it easier when you pti your new wires to the old ones add an extra pull string for the future.

crb478

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I agree with ^

Overlap the old and new wires and tape them together real good and tape in a piece of nylon twine. Pull the wire through nice and easy and pull back if you hit a snag. You should be able to get them through without too much trouble, and you will have a pull line for any other electrical connections you might want to add later.

sea tonic

Recruit

DONE!
Thanks for the help. In principal, it is a simple job. In practice.....
It was tough getting it through that pvc chase, since it's loaded with other wires, including the steering cable (which doesn't budge). Took about three hours. I reinserted the old screws for the old transom mounted transducer once I removed it, covering them with 3M 4200 before screwing them back in. I was told that this is good way to seal the holes, better than taking them out and filling the hole with 3200. I hope it stays dry!
Anyway, tomorrow I'll find out if it works!!
thanks again for the help!