Sea Nymph TX175 - Evinrude trolling motor

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hey,
Does anyone know what lb thrust the Evinrude trolling motor is that comes on some of these boats? I see a lot of boats with Evinrude motors on them also have Evinrude trolling motors but I never see any mention of the thrust any of them have. My TX175 has an Evinrude trolling motor on it and I have no idea what it is. I'm thinking maybe 40-45?

Nick

shovelhead

Recruit
Re: Sea Nymph TX175 - Evinrude trolling motor

Nick,
What model trolling motor do you have? I have a trolling motor manual that has 4 or 5 models listed in it and their corresponding thrust (lbs).
Maybe I can help? Model # is on the base and possibly on trolling unit itself.

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Hey thanks for the reply. I am not near the boat right now I have it stored over my girlfriends house but I am going over there later. I'll get whatever it has written on it and then get back to you. I've never seen a manual for the Evinrude trolling motors nor can I find an owners manual for the boat. It's no big deal really but it's always nice to have. Anyway later on today I'll have the info...

Thanks again,
Nick

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Found it.... Model BF2K I also just noticed something I never knew before but since I don't go out at night I wouldn't know this... When you step on the botton to run the motor the arrow lights up so you can see where you are going. Pretty cool feature if night fishing. I'll have to try it sometime.

Nick

shovelhead

Recruit

Nick,
Sorry but that model is not in my manual.
My book has both a model BF2A and a model BF2Y
they are both 12v and put out 21 lbs of thrust.
Not much I know, but I don't think many of those older
trolling motors had those bigger thrust numbers.
Mine is similar to yours I think and has only 23 lbs.
Didn't get you your answer, but I hope I helped a little.

Don

~Nickolas~

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Don,
I appreciate your effort and time. 21lbs of thrust isnt much and the one on my boat pulls it along pretty well. The boat is pretty heavy and it scoots right along but who knows maybe it is like the two mentioned in your manual and also 21lbs of thrust. I'd love to have a 71lb thrust motor but man are they expensive!!! I like the look of the Evinrude trolling motor along with the engine on the back. Makes since since OMC made these sea Nymph boats at one time and it has the SYSTEMATCHED logo on the dash.

I've been on a few situations where I couldn't get up stream for the current and it sucked. My 14' johnboat has a Minnkota Endura 50lb thrust and it has a lot of power yet the boat weighs a lot less too besically being just a shell. The Transom mount motors aren't too bad in price but man those Bow mount models are a whiole nother ball game. Anyway thanks for your time and effort I appreciate it much...

Nick