Screen Resolution

dolluper

Captain
Having a little problem with a K7sem mobo and an Nec Lcd monitor,this is a fresh install of Win 2000. The screen resolution is maxed at 800 x 600 no furthur adjustment,so I found the drivers for 1024 res which the monitor supports but when trying to install the driver the monitor properties is grayed can't get in to the wizzard.My question {I'm guessing now} is if I go to the bios in the plug/play section and disable the on board video........ By primary graphics adaptor changed off AGP.....allocate IRQ for PCI VGA set to no and disable the PCI busmaster Would this be the right way to get the properties back and ungrayed to install the driver ...thanks if you can help

Xcusme

Commander
Re: Screen Resolution

Have you tried d/l'ing and installing the most recent video drivers for your AGP card??

dolluper

Captain

Hi X there is no AGP card in it ,I also get video input no signal message when you first start or shut down,thinking since card is not there.....At 800 x 600 most of other drivers like usb printer won't install from disk I have to manually install ,since when you use the install disk I get a message that it doesn't meet resolution reQ....on board seems to be only 4 colours not 16.....but when you check in advance monitor it shows 16 colours and 800 x 600 res,this is where the properties is grayed also so the res drivers can't be installed unless there is some other way that I'm not aware of

dolluper

Captain

No to the first Q it was installed using a crt
video = ????
mobo= can't remember think it was 103
Nec LCD Multisync 1530V
This box is 250 miles away right now,I gave it as a gift....just want to clearup a few little problems,since it's running on the net now just the res is weird a little grainy but only when hooked on the net
I forgot to tell you the LCD was running with an other box running Win 98 and I have to go back in a couple of weeks to drop in a sound card also since the sounds not working on board or seems not to,it has a different bios that I'm not used to

Last edited:

dolluper

Captain

Me thinks your absolutly right about the video driver ,now to manually install it some how should be fun,with zip file errrr

Xcusme

Commander

Zip file error?? I d/l'd the zip file and it opened just fine. Place the contents of the zip file into a new folder. You can use Winzip to open the file....

Click Start
Settings
Control Panel
System
Hardware
Device Mananger
Open Display Adapters
Right click on your display adapter
Left click Properties
Click on Driver
Click on Update Driver
Point to the folder you first made with the new video drivers

dolluper

Captain

Thanks X the device manager was screwing me up .......errrrr of coarse you have to replace drivers for yellowed items like display adapter.....Man do I feel dumb,guess I should only work on one box at a time instead of 4 all at the same time.....too confussing