School Project

dolluper

Captain
Re: School Project

I saw flocks of ducks flying over today but some apparently are still in FLORDIA<br />Pennyless can't afford an e-mail address

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hmmm. How many of our members are lower, middle or upper class? All of us.<br /><br />"Class" is not a matter of income Candice, it is a frame of mind and I think almost all of iboats members have "class".<br /><br />Now if you want to frame that in terms of income and post a poll you might get some seperation, but it wont corrolate to "class".<br /><br />My guess is that you will get a very broad range.

Ralphy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Indeed this is a very classy bunch, and I am shocked and dismayed that no one has stressed the importance of seeing pics of this group that is so brazely soliciting such personal information of our community!! ;) ;)

BigPoppaG

Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by eeboater:<br />
Originally posted by Candice and friends:<br /> Thanks eeboater of course you can get partial credit! So far myself and our group is averaging an A. :)
Hmm.. I wonder if I can put it towards my Java Data Structures exam next week... :D <br /><br />Sean
Much better Avatar then the Jeep. ;) <br />Keep posting.lol

one more cast

Captain

please give us some figures so I will know how to vote.<br /> low = ?<br /> middle = ?<br /> high = ?

JRJ

Commander

Income levels range and class levels range but the two have nothing in common :cool:

D

DJ

I think that assuming that "professionals" are upper class is somewhat dangerous.<br /><br />I agreee with JB, your social "status" has nothing to do with having "class" or not. I know plenty of professionals with no class whatsoever. The same applies for some folks at the other end and middle.<br /><br />One can use class in a strict economic sense. It has to be identified as such.

Fly Rod

Commander

:) I thnik U adn yuor freinds aer lla feamel, lkooing fro rcih mne!!! Do yuo wrok?? Adn if so aer yuo maknig wlel inot sxi figrues!!!!!Myabe yuo adn I cna gte togteher I'm loking fro an uppre calss wonem maknig wlel inot sxi figrues!!! ;) :cool:

SoulWinner

Commander

Ok, how's this for a set of dividing criteria?<br /><br />Poor: Pays no Federal Income Tax<br /><br />Middle Class: Pays $1.00 to $24,999 Federal Income Tax<br /><br />Upper Class: Pays $25,000 or more in Federal Income Tax.<br /><br />That makes us middle class, unless we can find some more write-offs and shelters. But I tell yuh, I'd rather pay taxes than be poor again. Dang that sucked!!!

NathanY

Commander

Candice and friends will you post some pics of yourselves?

demsvmejm

Master Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by jsfinn:<br /> I think you'd get better results with a pole.
I think you meant poll.<br /><br />Wait a minute, you were right, a pole.<br />With a lure on the end, and amybe, just maybe, some water.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

"middle class are white collar workers"? <br />Where I work, the white collar workers make less than the blue collar workers.<br /><br />And the guy who owns his own dump truck and bulldozer makes more $ than the doctors and lawyers in town.<br /><br />Me tinks your question reveals mucho abouto your "student" status and your views of the workplace.<br /><br />Perhaps you should research the average and mean incomes of people in specific jobs. You would be surprised.<br /><br /> http://www.census.gov/hhes/income/earnings/earnings.html

dogsdad

Lieutenant

"Class" does not come out of a pocketbook, young lady.<br /><br /><br />-dd-

matthews_jim

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Only a green bull would look at a boating chat board. Well, maybe a funny green hat college might too!! Just kidding.<br /><br />Go UCF Golden Knights!!!

ndemge

Commander

I'm Upper class.<br />I paid no income taxes this past year. I live paycheck to paycheck and I'm happy with it. I am as skilled in my line of work as any Dr. or Lawyer is in theirs.<br /><br />It's all in your perspective.<br />I build a wall out of stone this weekend with my 5yo, I'm rich beyond my dreams.<br /><br />You've come to iboats, but you've found the largest fork'n family tree around. You've got everyone here from a $50 canoe with a 2nd hand trolling motor to the guys with 50' offshore boats, and both will sit here on a cold winter's afternoon discussing the finer points of light bulbs and light bulb recipes. You want to see how peopel interact here? I quit smoking last jan1 04, without coming back here with updates and talking to my support group, I never would have made it. <br /><br />this is not you average "forum"<br />I sold my boat a year ago, they havn't kicked me out yet.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Well we are all upperclass when compared to earths creatures that do not comunicate as we do.<br /><br />A single days pay for most of us could be more that entire families earn in a month or a year (depending on what country you are looking at).<br /><br />Probaly the richest people here are from Australia .... think of the long distance charges they pay!<br /><br />Actually the truth is we are all equal! We have no classes of people just a few with more "poof" power than others. I would not hesitate to have anyone from this board at my home and dinner table.<br /><br />Bob

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

By income guidlines I am low class. We are using government assistance...medicaid for my children. I work public service. <br />I may be considered low class financially, but I take good care of the junk I have so I won't say I live low class. <br />But I aint proud and life is good.

surplusman

Seaman Apprentice

What I want to know is what kind of curriculum requires someone to go to a forum and observe the interaction. WTF? Thats what burned me up when I went to college. The lack of teaching what really mattered to get oneself through life successfully. Too much BS going on in college these days, and not enough teaching. I get lots of college "educated" kids coming in looking for work that are CLUELESS!!