Sausage bread - take 1

Link

Rear Admiral
Re: Sausage bread - take 1

Originally posted by Barlow:<br />
Originally posted by ndemge:<br /> I missed something.......<br /><br />that looks yummy, explain yourself!
This is FSHKPR's sausage bread that I got turned on to by Link, DJ and LadyFish.<br /><br />My first shot at making anything bread-like and I said I'd post back with results after the house burnt down :D <br /><br />well I didn't burn it down and ...It is GREAT!!!!! :)
Dont know how I missed your post Barlow<br />Way cool and great pics.<br />Glad it turned out so well.<br /><br />ndemge<br />"What do you use for the dough? Could ready to make biscuits be flattened out and used?"<br />FSHKPR's<br />recipe called for premade loaves of white bread dough found in the frozen section. <br />Like Barlow it was my first time using bread dough also so I'll let someone who knows answer your question about biscuits.<br />Got home a few minutes and was just wondering what to do for dinner... <br />Still have 3 loaves of dough... make that 2 left now :D

LadyFish

Admiral

Noel, IMHO the bisquits might be a little too delicate for the amount of ingredients you put in. However, the ready made pizza dough or french bread might work. Give it a whirl and let us know. :)

aspeck

Staff member

Noel, yes, but use the cresent rolls - they make it best. We do this with taco meat, cheese, and salsa. Forming the cresent rolls in a ring, then adding the ingredients, and folding the roll dough over and crimping. It is good.<br /><br />Wife just made homemade rolls today with pepperoni and cheese inside. Yummy! Just another variation to a very good recipe.<br /><br />By the way, the kids enjoyed doing the taco roll when they were younger. Took it to school for extra credit, or when friends were over and they had to "entertain." Easy, fairly quick, and fun for the family.