Sandy Burglar

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Sandy Burglar

Soulman, you sound a lot like me. Like I said in another post somewhere here, a politician is a politician. They are all the same. Hippocrites. Thanks for the response.

Whaler Proud

Petty Officer 2nd Class

PW: Do you have a news story or some way to back up your statement that "No wonder the Texas republicans, in their platform, have declared this a "Christian Country" in open defiance of the constitution of this country". I am a Texan by immigration and a Californian by expatriation and I haven't heard this one.<br /><br />And I don't get the "open defiance" part of your statement. All of the documents composed during the creation of this nation are from a Christian perspective. <br /><br />I am a Christian, but can live with "separation of church and state" as defined by the Supreme Court in 1962. I don't want the government teaching my children their faith any more than you do.<br /><br />But your statement "It makes me feel so good that so many people want to completely obliterate anyone with an opposing point of view. That must be the "New America" we keep hearing about!" needs to be directed at the left. I don't care what your opinion is, I respect your right to voice it, but I am d.a.m.n.e.d tired of liberals thinking statements like this are trump cards. A stement like this always pulled out when a liberal disagrees.<br /><br />"It is so clear why liberalism is a loser.(spelling correction by me) It lost in the Soviet Union, it lost in China, it lost in Cuba, and liberals in the US still think that Government provision of all of our basic human needs is the way of the future? " speaks more truth than the same old tired rhetoric you dredge up.

PW2

Commander

Texas Gop platform<br /><br />Here you can read the whole thing, right from the proverbial elephant's mouth. It's in pdf format, so you need adobe to read it. You can download it for free.<br /><br />The exact reference in on page 8.<br /><br />And while there are some elements of the Christian faith in the constitution, there are elements of all sorts of other things as well.<br /><br />Even christians are not always wrong all of the time in all things.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Soulwinner said: "I want to take everyone who voted for Clinton the second time, and everyone who voted for Gore, and everyone who thinks Barbara Streisand (sp?), and kick them in the (tsk tsk!) until they die.....ok, I feel better now....."<br /><br />And after a little comforting and sympathizing SW, 12footer said: "When they attack like this, we must turn the other cheek, and pity them as Jesus did on the cross, when in his dying agony, he cried-out , "Father, forgive them, for they know not what they do!"<br /><br />And of course the winner of souls replied, "Thanks for the much needed rebuke. That one sent me right into prayer."<br /><br />SW....with the kind of extreme hatred that you've expressed SO many times on this board, I think you're due in church so that you can wipe the slate and forgive yourself. Just be sure you're not held accountable for anything you've did or said. Maybe you should appologize to the people that you said you would like to kill and no your god?<br /><br />12footer (and anyone else in that high, high throne you call home).....no one needs your pity. Some of us can make morale decisions on our own, without the assistance of a best seller, list of do's and don'ts, or what have you. Some people know without referencing anything that "kick them in the (tsk tsk!) until they die" is generally not a nice thing to do. Goodness is instilled by your upbringing, proper wiring in your head and general common sense....but I guess as long as you "pity" those that you could "kick...in the (tsk tsk!) until they die" you'll be just fine! Good for you...keep spreading the word.<br /><br />As people like you and many on this board perpetuate the new division in this country, using words like liberals, conservatives, etc as name calling...we get closer and closer to destroying ourselves as a nation. Maybe if there were no labels like republican or democrat, we (and most of all the candidates themselves) could focus on their ideas...not their labels. Stop telling me the cut up, self-serving mud slinging about what the other candidate did 5, 10, 20 years ago and tell me what he plans to do with the country if elected....and make it the truth. You're right, this country is going in a bad direction...and will continue no matter which of the current self-serving phonies gets elected. It's the people that refuse to even listen to the other side (no matter which side you're on) that are hurting us and will separate this country further. And it is the same people, only all around the world, who will take what suits them from their favorite best sellers (ie any organized religion) that will end up destroying this world because "we are right and you are wrong so we're going to kick your ***". It's so sad in the end, this is such a beautiful world...<br /><br />So do the world a favor...make decisions on what you think is right. And if you make a mistake...applogize to the real people that you hurt.

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

Oh...to make that last post a little longer...I did want to add that everyone has the right to believe in whatever they want....we just have to learn to coexist. I know plenty of people who believe in different creators, etc, they just don't stop listening to their own voice in their own head when it comes to right and wrong...

dogsdad

Lieutenant

Originally posted by PW2:<br /> No wonder the Texas republicans, in their platform, have declared this a "Christian Country" in open defiance of the constitution of this country.
To WHAT part of the Constitution are you referring? Ohhh, you can't find it, can you? Could it be because it ain't there? Hmmm...thought so!<br /><br />America was founded on the basis of GOD-GIVEN, unalienable rights. One of those rights is to be non-Christian, if you so choose. To dictate to others that they may not openly declare their faith IS NOT.<br /><br />This is a Christian nation. If that bothers you, maybe you should emigrate to a Muslim nation and see if that suits you better. Or try Bhuddist or Hindu. Those folks live in great thriving societies where everyone prospers and has equal opportunity. :rolleyes:

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

You continue to prove my point, JL. Selective reasoning continues to be the Left's weapon of choice: <br /><br /> "Some of us can make morale decisions on our own, without the assistance of a best seller, list of do's and don'ts, or what have you." <br /><br /> "Goodness is instilled by your upbringing, proper wiring in your head and general common sense...." <br /><br /> "they just don't stop listening to their own voice in their own head when it comes to right and wrong... " <br /><br />People most often make moral decisions, on a day to day basis, without the need to consult the "best seller". That is possible because this Nation's library of right and wrongs were forged from a biblical based Judeo/Christian perspective.<br /><br />But more and more we are seeing the result of the Left's Godless sense of self determined morality, both publicly and privately. To name a few, character doesn't count, it's only a personal matter, pro-s*x s*x education, the public usurping of time honored parental prerogatives in child rearing, homos*exuality as just another choice, pro-abortion, etc etc etc. Morality is much more than just being nice and civil to your neighbor.<br /><br />When a Christian faces a moral delemma, he is directed to seek answers thru prayer or from within the wisdom of the Bible. God has promised, that in one way or another, that prayer will be answered. No where does the Bible advise that we seek answers from within. In fact it warns that answers sought from within will lead exactly to the kinds of things that I listed above.<br /><br />No you tell me, what rock solid, never changing fount do you consult for answers to your difficult moral decisions? We were not born with a catlogue of them, like DNA, nor if you just close your eyes and sqeeze them hard enought the right answers will not come forth.

SoulWinner

Commander

Johnson-liner, <br /><br />I was kidding. Since about half of the folks who voted for clinton were women, it would be kind of impossible to kick them in the (edit)until they die. I'd be fun to try, but I don't think they have.....oh never mind. Come on fella, don't you ever laugh?

johnson-liner

Petty Officer 1st Class

That's pretty much it! (I've learned though that if I squeeze too hard, my eyes will pop out :) ) Seriously though...yes...I guess at this point in my life I just know right from wrong. The more you make me think about it...I think it's just all the stuff that my parents and peers instilled in me (that, and I was just lucky enought to be born without any crossed wires in my head). Maybe some people grow up in the same kind of loving/morale environment and don't need to ask anyone right/wrong and some people (unfortunately) didn't have the luxury of that environment and need a set of rules/someone to ask? I mean, they weren't taught right from wrong, so they need to put their faith in this rulebook? I can understand that...you did get me thinking. Maybe some people need that guide in order not to be a threat to society.<br /><br />To make a point though, you said:<br />"When a Christian faces a moral delemma, he is directed to seek answers thru prayer. God has promised, that in one way or another, that prayer will be answered. No where does the Bible advise that we seek answers from within. In fact it warns that answers sought from within will lead exactly to the kinds of things that I listed above."<br /><br />Unless a beam of light shines down on you, God appears and gives you the answer....aren't you, in the end, the one making the decision? You say the bible advises against listening to your own conscience...isn't that belittling to you? To me, that's saying don't listen to your own view of right and wrong or anything you've learned in life...it is wrong. I mean, to that I would say...have a little confidence in yourself and stop letting that book belittle you! Does any of this make sense to you?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Sorry, guys.<br /><br />Too many personal attacks and too much bashing.<br /><br />Try to disagree without being so disagreeable.