running wiring for smartcraft

Dennisn

Cadet
has anyone run wiring for smartcraft on a 2008, 1902
how big a project was it ?

cbrenthus

Recruit
Re: running wiring for smartcraft

Yes, and it was a pain in the butt! I removed cupholders, deckhatches, etc... Kept getting close to the helm but running into bulkheads and couldn't get through. Took me several hours...

... until I found the conduit with the string coming out of it, then I had it pulled through in about 30 seconds :D Under the starboard side rear bin, there was a "string" screwed to the inside of the hull. That was the one that was pre-run through the conduit.

SoFloStone

Seaman

If there is a pull string, make sure you pull a new one through when you pull the wire so you have something to pull the next wire through with...

;)

Dennisn

Cadet

thanks, that will make the task much simpler
those forums are great there is always someone who has been there done that

Killafornia

Cadet

Same thing. I was supprised and happy to find that trophy had an extra 1 1/2" conduit plugged at both sides with pull line for running more electronics. But, I found it while doing something else so I did'nt have a problem when I was ready to add electronics.

Dennisn

Cadet

i dont see the line on my 2008 1902. ther are three pipes running from the starboard well but no string

jm_bullard

Seaman

Get a fish tape from your local hardware store and run it through. Then tie your rope to the end and pull it back out.

cbrenthus

Recruit

i dont see the line on my 2008 1902. ther are three pipes running from the starboard well but no string

Has anyone installed anything else? Did the dealer install a fishfinder?