Rough guess on the amount of "sheeple" in the USA

JoeW

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Rough guess on the amount of "sheeple" in the USA

Kinimpzoom, <br />I can't say what the cause of the sudden drop is. <br /><br />Statistics are a lot like bikinis. What they reveal is interesting. What they conceal is essential.

Skinnywater

Commander

About 80% are sheeple.<br />There are sheeple on the left and sheeple on the right.<br /><br />It's very possible the ones that changed their minds are the free thinkers.<br />And there is plenty to reconsider.<br />From a grand invasion to a politically correct war.<br />Sorry, but this free thinker wants this country to be civilized in times of peace and absolute barbarians in time of war.<br />You sheeple go ahead and think we can win this war any other way.

BinLurkin

Petty Officer 2nd Class

What, you mean once an opinion is formed it can't be changed? Glad you ain't in charge of nothing.

PW2

Commander

Who the "sheeple" are depends largely on your point of view, I suspect.<br /><br />Remember that at one point in time, polls showed that 70% of the American people believed that Saddam Hussein was directly involved in the 9/11 attacks, despite a complete lack of evidence, and testimony to the Senate by the CIA and George Tenet disputing the notion that Iraq was in any way involved.

oddjob

Commander

This aint Vietnam....silly comparison.<br /><br />We were attacked by terrorists and now were slaughtering them on there turf...all is secure you can go back to sleep mode.... <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 808 | From: Ft. Laud. Fl. | Registered: Jun 2002 | IP: Logged | <br /> <br />ae708 <br />Petty Officer 3rd Class <br />Member # 11378 <br /><br /> posted June 30, 2004 01:52 PM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />yeah right oddjob.... "slaughtering them".. uh huh... you gonna slaughter literally millions of Muslims in countless countries? And you think that this is a silly comparison... just wait 10 years or so when we're STILL getting killed in the middle east.. then say silly comparison.<br /><br />--------------------<br />Art<br /> <br /> <br />
Sorry Art , I couldnt wait 10 years... :D I might die in a auto accident or something..<br /><br /><br />On another note: Islam, <br /><br />I dont care HOW long its been or HOW long it takes. If you want you and your family to live among sworn assassins then get to the middle east with them and get out of the way. This is home base here in the USA.

cmyers_uk

all is secure you can go back to sleep
Glad you think its mission accomplished. Let the troops know they can come home. I personally think this is just the start in what will be a long long fight. Look at how agressive Israel is but the suicide bombers keep on coming. Got to keep trying but its not easy and its not over

cmyers_uk

all is secure you can go back to sleep
Glad you think its mission accomplished. Let the troops know they can come home. I personally think this is just the start in what will be a long long fight. Look at how agressive Israel is but the suicide bombers keep on coming. Got to keep trying but its not easy and its not over

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by BinLurkin:<br /> What, you mean once an opinion is formed it can't be changed? Glad you ain't in charge of nothing.
I am just suprised that some people could so easily change their minds that quickly.<br /><br />Everyone has a right to change thier mind.<br /><br />But to go from, "the war in iraq was a good idea" to "it was a mistake" seems to be a huge swing in opinion on a very important issue.<br /><br />Ken

oddjob

Commander

Chris Myers <br />Petty Officer 2nd Class <br />Member # 40795 <br /><br /> posted July 01, 2004 08:53 AM <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />quote:<br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /> all is secure you can go back to sleep <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br /><br />Glad you think its mission accomplished. Let the troops know they can come home. I personally think this is just the start in what will be a long long fight. Look at how agressive Israel is but the suicide bombers keep on coming. Got to keep trying but its not easy and its not over <br />--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<br />Posts: 141 | From: UK | Registered: May 2004 | IP: Logged |
Chris, you took my words out of context..and I never said it was over....good response.. :)

cmyers_uk

OddJob<br /><br /> ;)

SCO

Lieutenant

Hey PW2, ever watch JayWalking with Jay Leno? Most of us at iboats knew there was no evidence of direct involvement of Iraq with 911 itself, but were pretty suspicious of terrorist connections. Did any of them train in that Iraqi airliner? That 70% according to abc(whoever) that thought 911 and Iraq related doesnt prove a "lying to the public" theory. All of us that were paying attention knew what the score was. <br /><br />Nobody says that minds shouldn't change. Question is should they change because of incessent attacks by the likes of M Moore? We're all nervous about this, like a flock of pidgeons. Succumbing to the flight instinct might not be the best thing is all I'm saying. If it is smart to break loose and fly off, lets do it. If not smart, then lets not panic and run out of the theater where they will later find us piled up at the doors. <br /><br />THere is a large Muslim faction. If the radical Islamics terrorize the majority to radicalize( I'm thinking about the human nature that caused the "Stockholm syndrome" , the left wing media, and the leadership of the Democrat party), then we've got a real problem as does the rest of the world that will plunge into war and chaos in a revisit to the dark ages.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I'm not sorry to say, but I quit watching CNN a long time ago. To me they are not news worthy at all any more. Actually, I've gotten where I won't watch the news. They always have to report the stupidist stuff to get people in an uproar instead of keeping us united. Its funny how the media united everyone right after 9/11, and look at it now. They seem to be purposely dividing us. This itself is creating the sheeple.<br /><br />It is sad to say that if Kerry wins, it is only because so many are turning their backs on GW. I would rather not vote than to vote someone in just to get GW out! It is getting pethetic. Thats right, lets go from bad to worse. Its only because of the bickering between the Dems and Reps. Meanwhile the citizens pay for all the crap and we're not getting anywhere...JMO

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

It has less to do with sheep than it does with poor education, and a media with an agenda rather than ethics.<br />Y'all remember this tune?<br /><br /><br />"Banditos"<br />By: The Refreshments (Roger Clyne, Brian Blush, Buddy Edwards and PH Naffah) <br /><br />Just how far down do you want to go <br />We can talk it out over a cup of joe <br />And you can look deep in my eyes, <br />Like I was a super-model <br />Uh-huh <br /><br />So It's just you and me baby <br />No one else we can trust <br />We'll say nothin to no one <br />No-how or we'll bust <br />And Never crack a smile <br />or flinch or cry For nobody <br />Uh-uh <br /><br />So give you ID card to the border guard <br />Your alias says you're Captain John Luc Picard <br />Of the United Federation of Planets <br />Cause they won't speak English any ways <br /><br />Everybody knows <br />That the world is full of stupid people <br />So meet me at the mission at midnight <br />We'll divvy up there.. <br /><br />Everybody knows <br />That the world is full of stupid people <br />But I got the pistol So I Keep the Pesos <br />That seems fair <br /><br />So put the sugar in the tank of the sheriff's car <br />We'll slash the deputy's tires They won't get very far <br />When they finally get the word that there's been a hold-up <br />Uh-uh <br /><br /><br />So give you ID card to the border guard <br />Your alias says you're Captain John Luc Picard <br />Of the United Federation of Planets <br />Cause they won't speak English any ways <br /><br />Everybody knows <br />that the world is full of stupid people <br />So meet me at the mission at midnight <br />We'll divvy up there <br /><br />Everybody knows <br />that the world is full of stupid people <br />But I got the pistol So I'll keep the Pesos <br />That seems fair <br />That seems fair <br /><br />So give you ID card to the border guard <br />Your alias says you're Captain John Luc Picard <br />Of the United Federation of Planets <br />Cause they won't speak English any ways <br /><br />Everybody knows <br />That the world is full of stupid people <br />So meet me at the mission at midnight <br />We'll divvy up there.. <br /><br /><br />Everybody knows <br />That the world is full of stupid people <br />But I got the pistol So I Keep the Pesos <br />That seems fair <br />Yeah, Yeah, Yeah!!!