Root Canal...

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: Root Canal...

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />Just tie a string around your tooth attached to a doorknob and slam the door. End of story ;)
I'm a wuss when it comes to my own blood. I've seen some God awful things that should have turned my stomach and didn't. I bleed a little bit and I freak out :confused:

gaugeguy

Captain

Success :cool: The pain has gone away. I am not into the whole gay marraige thing, but at the moment the ordodontist relieved the pressure from that tooth, I would have said "I do" to him :p <br /><br />I would have then sought an anullment :D

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

ok day 2 and I almost want to die.......using some over the counter numbing stuff but it barly works.........Wifes insurance kicks in on april 1st but I dont know how long i can wait :( :( :( :(

gaugeguy

Captain

I feel your pain Mike. Here was my secret recipe to try and numb the pain...probably not recommended by any doctor, but it did help me get a couple hours of sleep. 4 tablets of alleve, 3 jiggers of nightquill, and rinse your mouth out with a shot of Jack Daniels (swallow once done rinsing). An ice pack on the pillow helps also. I do feel for you man :(

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Mike, could you see a dentist and have him give you a cheap temp. fix and drug. At least try and get some antibiotics. Hope it works out alright.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Thanx guys........day 3 and its quite a bit better, more like a uncomfortable pain. Hope it stays like this for a couple more weeks :) :) your outlook on Life sure is different when your not in insane pain :) :)

gaugeguy

Captain

When you are having that blinding pain, if the grim reaper showed up and said I can take the pain away, you would have a tough time saying "no way". Glad it's feeling better man.

18rabbit

Captain

M&R – you have to decide how much you can personally take. I have personal friends that are dentists and a friend that is a surgeon. All of them understand the hardships and the necessities of insurance. All of them are really creative about how to make the system work for you.<br /><br />If you ever get to the point that you want closure on the pain, explain your situation to a dentist. You will probably have to get past the receptionist with the GED and speak directly to the dentist. Don’t be surprised if he tosses you into a chair and just does it.<br /><br />Just don't let it get to the point of being an infection.<br /><br />EDIT: if you are in pain and you walk into a dentist’s office and state that you are in pain, they have an obligation to provide necessary care to you immediately, irrespective of your ability to pay. They have the right to hound you for payment afterward, but likely won’t.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

18rabbit thanx for the advice and believe me if it keeps like yesterday I will be in the office quikly. I also know about infection being that my wisdom teeth last year got infected and that aint no fun. Im totally fearful of dentist to the point of phobia ( went through some bad experiences as a kid, Had a couple of teeth that wouldnt numb, a mean dentist and cavities :eek: ) but I tell you what......pain like that gets you over fear pretty darn fast. Anyway Im hopeing it mellows out until wife insurance kicks in, other wise im gonna have to go and worse comes to worse make payments.

OBJ

Supreme Mariner

Uhhhhh....start into heavy meds gaugeguy.....my preferred meds is Budweiser.....Longnecks.<br /><br />Seriously.....as a person who has had their share of tooth problems, I feel for ya'. Near nothin' worse than a darn toothache. :eek: <br /><br />Meds help a little.... :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Know how you gals and fellers feel... I used to avoid the dentist like the plague.. Not so much anymore.. You just have to find a good one... I have insurance but i pay out of pocket to go to mine... He's that good.. (has good looking girls in the office too, wooo-whoooo :D ) <br /><br />My horror story was'nt at the dentists office..<br /><br /> Had a wisdom tooth in real bad shape and I kept putting up with it and letting it go.. Stupid me.. :rolleyes: Course it got infected and painful to the point where could'nt hardly even sleep.. Tylenol would'nt touch that pain.. <br /><br />Anywhoo, with the work load at the time I could'nt get in to the office to get it looked about... On a saturday, under a 90+ footer Here I am in that wonderful boatyard gravel :mad: underneath probably 80-100K lbs. of boat trying to screw in a thruhull fitting that don't wanna co-operate, hands covered in fastcure 5200, with three more fittings and a transducer to go, and this tooth is starting to bleed like a stuck pig... Not hardly a thing i could do about it...<br /><br />Lesson learned.. Will never let one go again.. ;) <br /><br />btw. finished the job that day and the boat went out on monday... :cool:

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

I'm with Carphunter,<br />I had an RC decades ago and was very painless. Lots of novacain during procedure. Very little discomfort afterword.<br /><br />Regarding caps, I have several. All are glued on. Zero failures to date.

gaugeguy

Captain

Was telling my toothache story to some friends this weekend and I heard a really funny dentist story, choke on my beer funny.<br /><br />My friend Andy had really bad teeth about 5 years ago, many broke, some missing and a lot of them rotten. He decided to have them all yanked out in favor of false teeth. He goes into the dentist and they numb him up really good, and put a wedge in his mouth to hold it open.<br /><br />The dentist then asks him if he minded if he brought a couple people into the room. Andy said "no, I don't mind". The dentist leaves the room and comes back in with 4 little kids, all under the age of 8.<br /><br />As the children are looking into the black horror of Andy's teeth, the dentist says "This is what happens when you don't brush and floss". :D :D :D <br /><br />Talk about being scared straight :D