FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
My new King trailer's owner's manual says I can't mix grease in the bearings. It came with Ronex MP grease, and I can't find anywhere to buy it. I found it on-line but man-oh-man is it expensive!
My new King trailer's owner's manual says I can't mix grease in the bearings. It came with Ronex MP grease, and I can't find anywhere to buy it. I found it on-line but man-oh-man is it expensive!
Ayuh,.... So clean, 'n repack the bearings with a more reasonable, available axle grease...
I've never heard of Ronex, 'n an MP sounds like a medium pressure grease,...
I can't believe it's awhole 'ell of alot better than common greases found at 'bout any auto parts house...
I would clean and repack with a good quality wheel bearing grease. I use the Marine wheel bearing grease as it has higher water and corrosion resistance. but reqular works as long as you keep packing them.
I know common theory says never mix greases, but I guess my wheel bearings aren't that picky. I've always just pumped in whatever happened to be in the grease gun, I probably haven't used the same grease twice in a row, ever! (owned a bunch of boats and trailers, have never had a bearing failure... I currently have 5 trailers to my name, all get that same treatement)