Rocker switch

JohnPontoon

Recruit
hey guys,

I just replaced a 6 pin switch that runs my navigation lights and my anchor lights believing this was my issue with both not working. After I did this my NAV lights are working fine but when I flip to anchor I’m blowing a fuse. Not good with electrical components by anymeans and also newly a boat owner. I’ve been contemplating rewiring it to a typical on and off switch rather but don’t want to accept the defeat! Haha anyone have any suggestions were to begin my trouble shooting?

Thanks all

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
You wired the switch wrong. There are a number of diagrams on this forum. Do a search for NAV/ANC switch wiring.

JohnPontoon

Recruit
I’ll continue looking for the diagrams. Quite a few I did stumble upon had the images unavailable. Thank you

sam am I

Commander
Enter the following w/o quotes in your fav search engine where for example "anchor navigation switch light" are your key search words and "forums.iboats.com" is where you want to go search for those key words....

e.g."anchor navigation switch light site:forums.iboats.com"

I'll ​​chose google as my fav search engine and click "images"

Click here to see how it works

Last edited:

fibersport

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Swap the anchor wiring with the navigation wiring to prove its your connections and not a bad socket or shorted wiring. Tell us what colors the wires are too, as well as info on the switch. What boat as well, maybe someone else has the same one and could help.