Rigging for Phantom Sailboat

Status
Not open for further replies.

bullethead08

Cadet
Howdy,
I'm looking for some information on the proper rigging for a Howmar Phantom Sailboat...think sunfish on steroids. Anything I can get would be very helpful.

Thanks

Bsquared

Seaman Apprentice
Re: Rigging for Phantom Sailboat

I have one of these; seems to be rigged like a Sunfish. Short traveler bridle (with a ring on the line) runs from side to side thru holes in the aft deck (knots underneath). Mainsheet attaches to that bridle ring, through pulley at end of boom, through loop on boom, thru boom pulley over cockpit, and down and out thru the rotating mainsheet cleat. Mainsheet should be long enough to allow boom to swivel to point directly forward and still have line in cleat. Top spar has a halyard run up through slot in top of mast and down to bullseye on deck, and led to cleat. Line should be long enough to allow spar to lie on deck and still reach cleat. There is a downhaul line attached to mast ring on boom, this goes down to a loop on the mast (mast has to be slid into the boom ring top first, and then placed into the socket in the deck). I haven't found this downhaul to be very critical to performance; I belive I have a pulley on mine but seldom rig it for 2:1 purchase. A bungee cord from the top of the daggerboard to the handle on the bow; short enough to be under tension, is needed to hold the board up downwind and in shallow water. Hope this helps. Pretty simple rig.

LARSBOOT

Recruit

Howdy,
I'm looking for some information on the proper rigging for a Howmar Phantom Sailboat...think sunfish on steroids. Anything I can get would be very helpful.

Thanks
It's a little late, but I have a 4 page instruction sheet on rigging Phantoms.

xbiker

Recruit

It's a little late, but I have a 4 page instruction sheet on rigging Phantoms.

I would love to have a copy of what you have. I just purchased a 1979 Phantom. I sent you a pm. Thanks.

If anyone else has rigging information, any information, I would greatly appreciate it.

Mike

LARSBOOT

Recruit

Here are two documents on rigging. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• Phantom Rigging 001.jpg
    Phantom Rigging 001.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 89
  • Phantom Rigging 2 001.jpg
    Phantom Rigging 2 001.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 78
Status
Not open for further replies.