Rice being grilled

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Rice being grilled

I knew she did a great job when the media didnt really have anything to say. She kicked democratic *** and media hates that.<br /><br />One little slip and that would have been the headline!<br /><br />She is probably the most intelegent person we have had in the white house area in a long time.<br /><br />Ken

crab bait

Captain

yeah true,, but that ain't sayin' much.. since brain competion ain't fearous..

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Well, I got to watch her testimony last nite on a C-SPAN rerun. Several things intrigued me.<br /><br />1. For as much hoopla the administration made concerning the testimony of Richard Clarke, and how he was a liar and should be indicted for perjury, there was not one instance where she contradicted anything Clarke said.<br /><br />2. She was clearly very well prepared to answer questions, and did so. Unfortunately, they were rarely the answers to the questions she was asked.<br /><br />3. We did find out that had the government known specifically that 19 terrorists were going to hijack planes, and fly them into the WTC and the Pentagon, they certainly would have acted to stop it. Duh!!<br /><br />4, She steadfastly clung to the administration's line that Iraq was an important part of this effort, and that once democracy gets a firm foothold in the middle east, we will all be safer...<br />Of course if that happens, that is probably true, but all of the current evidence suggests that this is yet another best case analysis, and not likely to happen...<br /><br />5. And, finally, we learned that this administration is very skilled at deflecting and placing blame on others when their policies fail.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Yep. Plywoody's true to form.<br /><br />I wonder whose testimony he watched?

Carphunter

Commander

Hey Plywoody, I hear land is cheap now in Iraq, wouldn't want to go buy some, would ya?<br /><br />(EDIT)<br />Poor form, very poor form. :(

18rabbit

Captain

Richard Nixon’s chief counsel, John W. Dean, has a new book out that analyze Bush and Cheney speeches, papers and policies concerning the running of the current administration. I saw Dean interviews briefly on Fox News the other day. If 1/10th of what he has come up with has validity, Bush is in trouble. Dean is the first semi-credible person to fire a salvo that caught my attention. The book is called “Worse Than Watergate – The Secret Presidency of GW Bush” … and Dean should know about WG, he went to prison over it.<br /><br />Dean thinks what happened with the whole Watergate scandal was nothing compared to the policy of secrecy that surrounds Bush and his modus operandi. Not commenting specifically on the validity of Iraq, Dean points out that our country has never been locked down so tight on information. As a result, the democratic process is being strangled. We are currently running a ‘faith based’ administration. We must have faith what they are doing is right and in our best interests because there is no public records available to substantiate that is the case. Dean says this is the first time this has ever happened in the history of our country.

ebbtide176

Commander

2. She was clearly very well prepared to answer questions, and did so. Unfortunately, they were rarely the answers to the questions she was asked.<br />
if that ain't the pot calling the kettle black, i don't know what is <br /> ;)

plywoody

Senior Chief Petty Officer

For the Record, I am not one of those that suggest that the Bush administration *should* have foiled this plot. That is pure speculation, and not particularly helpful.<br /><br />I am also one that agrees with Rice that the foiling of the Millenium plot was probably more luck than anything else. I have a very good friend that is a Police Officer in the Port Angeles Wa. police department, who was on duty the night the customs agent stopped the vehicle and found the bomb making supplies designed to take out LAX.<br /><br />Port Angeles is a sleepy little town and this at first was treated like any other law enforcement action, but people quickly realized what was found, and soon the sleepy little town was inundated with Feds and who knows who all was there---but to say they were on any sort of "specific alert" prior would be completely incorrect.<br /><br />That said, all I wanted to hear from Rice was "these are the threats and warnings we recieved in that summer of 2001, and these are the specific actions we took in response to this information."<br /><br />And other than some sort of vague communication to the FAA, which seems largely to have been totally ignored, nothing specific appears to have been done.<br /><br />All we heard about was why the FBI was at fault, and the difference between strategic and tactical responses, and all manner of other irrelevant information, and why it wasn't our fault. Fine, but what actually happened???<br /><br />It's too bad.<br /><br />Perhaps when the commission publishes their report, maybe then it will shed some light on what really happened in both administrations. We sure didn't get it yesterday.

mattttt25

Commander

very impressive lady. she is speaking here at the naval academy next week. i may have to go listen.

oddjob

Commander

PW, I new you would post in this thread. Liberals cant have a black, intelligent, women, who succeeds without them and afformative action that happens to be republican to boot. Not unlike Clarence Thomas. <br /><br />(EDIT)<br /><br />BTW I didn't watch the interview, I already knew what the outcome would be. :D

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

If you're looking for a report from the commission that tells us ANYTHING, you are wishing for the impossible. This isn't a fact finding hearing or a preventative measure- it is a blame-placing hearing that is intended to shine a negative light on the Bush administration. Explain the overtly partisan questions asked of Rice, especially by that idiot Kerry. Jeeez, you would have thought he knew all about this and just watched as Bush screwed it up so he could say "I told you so." His own party's President bears more responsibility for the 9/11 attack than anybody else, although I don't think anybody could have prevented it, knowing what we did. <br /><br /> Face it- government does not work together PERIOD! They all have their little kingdoms and don't want to share with anybody. The Navy and the Air Force are a classic example- neither can refuel an aircraft off each others' planes? Does that make sense? Aren't we on the same side? <br /><br /> I wouldn't have minded this commission had it been to figure out how to prevent any further atatcks. Unfortunately, I don't think they will have any creative ideas on what to do. What I do think will happen is that they will try to affix blame somewhere, even though this will do NOTHING to prevent any future problems. We will spend the money to put on a dog and pony show and have nothing to show for it. <br /><br />Just my opinion.<br /><br />UFM82

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

partisan dog and pony show? she said nothing that<br />the committe didn't hear behind closed doors, maybe<br />even less...<br />how does this help us? guess I'm stupid :rolleyes: <br />how many millions should us taxpayers pay this time?<br />monica vs. billy cost 10 million. is it just me,<br />or is this rediculuos political crud?<br />hindsight will always be 20/20,<br />M.Y.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br />partisan dog and pony show? she said nothing that<br />the committe didn't hear behind closed doors, maybe<br />even less...<br />how does this help us? guess I'm stupid :rolleyes: <br />how many millions should us taxpayers pay this time?<br />monica vs. billy cost 10 million. is it just me,<br />or is this rediculuos political crud?<br />hindsight will always be 20/20,<br />M.Y.
Of course, it was a political dog-n-pony show. The libs thought they could construct another Watergate, but just like allways, they underestimated the conservative traits of honesty, integrity, and and moral high ground has proven unresponsive to BS.<br />The average American is getting a brain sinbce being fooled for so long. It just prooves the old saying,. "fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me", true.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

A little off point but wouldn't it be fun to watch this woman and "the smartest woman in the world" discuss their ideas in an open forum? Not a formalized debate with spoon fed questions but in a free exchange of ideas, facts, and outcomes.<br /><br />Bye Hilary.........

kd6nem

Chief Petty Officer

Hey Rabbit,<br />Did John Dean ever regain his credibility? Colson admitted he was wrong and went on with life and changed his ways. Served more time than most because he wouldn't lie his way out of it or blame others, either. I haven't paid much attention to these guys for a long time except Colson, and maybe Liddy a little. Liddy is still crazy as ever, in my opinion. They were all criminals, that bunch. Being conservative criminals does absolutely nothing to enhance my opinion of what they did, the contrary is true actually.<br /><br />What I'm getting at is this sounds a bit like another guy with a chance to make lot of quick bucks by writing something he figures will sell. I have yet to hear any credible evidence about GWB having any real dirt on him. I don't think secrets like that can be kept any more. Especially with many of those so close having so much integrity. Our current Prez is so much more direct and forthright than any we've seen in a while. That is one reason the press doesn't like him- they can't make anything stick to him not because he is evasive but because he hasn't done any of the things he's accused of. Time will tell, but so far I have far more reason to trust President Bush than I do some ex-con who wrote some book. Things have gotten so polarized these days. Many are so willing to redefine things because the no longer have any sort of real moral foundation. I will never trust anyone who says there is not such a thing as absolute Truth. Beliefs and values are continuing to drift farther apart. A quick look at history tells that all sides have drifted away from what they once believed. Just one side has drifted slightly and the other exponentially. History has yet to record any society as having improved long term from having drifted so far away from any semblance of absolute Truth. Indeed, it is a hallmark of advancing decay. Don't believe me? Look at any past civilization. Only difference between us and them is we have better toys.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by POINTER94:<br />A little off point but wouldn't it be fun to watch this woman and "the smartest woman in the world" discuss their ideas in an open forum? Not a formalized debate with spoon fed questions but in a free exchange of ideas, facts, and outcomes.<br /><br />Bye Hilary.........
Pointer, that is one heck of an idea! Too bad you're not the programing director of Fox network...Talk about a home-run in the ratings!<br />I'd pay for the good seats to see that open forum :cool:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Heeheehee. :D <br /><br />The Blonde wouldn't have a chance.