Returning bottles isn't just a good idea, its self preservation for some!!!

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
666
Re: Returning bottles isn't just a good idea, its self preservation for some!!!

I worked in management in a major American brewery for well over twenty years. When I started there (1975) we were doing returnable bottles. Within seven or eight years we replaced those with non-returnables, as has every American brewer that I know of. Canadians are still doing some returnables, and Mexicans may be also, but not in the U.S.A. There are several very good reasons for that shift. The link refers to one of them.
 

QC

Supreme Mariner
Joined
Mar 22, 2005
Messages
22,783
Re: Returning bottles isn't just a good idea, its self preservation for some!!!

This is the type of controversy that we can handle in Dockside.
 
Joined
Feb 17, 2012
Messages
2,906
Re: Returning bottles isn't just a good idea, its self preservation for some!!!

Spaten and L?wenbr?u, two other brewers, said they were running short of 30-liter kegs.

thats either one heavy drinker or a new pontoon boat
 

generator12

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Jul 9, 2010
Messages
666
Re: Returning bottles isn't just a good idea, its self preservation for some!!!

Spaten and L?wenbr?u, two other brewers, said they were running short of 30-liter kegs.

thats either one heavy drinker or a new pontoon boat

Man, that's tragic. I sat in the Spaten tent at Octoberfest about ten years ago. I thought their Octoberfest brew was one of the finest I've ever had.
 
Top