Restoring 1979 Glastron V-162 Futura

Original Thor

Seaman
Thanks. It was a tough decision on the carpet. Couldn't find the original orange at all and grey just didn't look right so black it was and oddly enough the boat store had a piece perfectly for the application with zero waste so I guess it was ment to be. But now I find myself taking the shoes off before I get in the boat lol. Black shows every piece of dirt. Gonna have to find a 12v dust buster to keep il the ocd in check.

Now for the good, the bad, and the ugly.

The good the interior is done with the seat losely in there cause there going to get changed with a bench in the back and two captains chairs and don't want to make holes in my new floor.
Got some fuels and motor fires right up after sitting for year and a half. Runs pretty good too.

The bad is that my fuel pump housing is cracked and is leaking fuel all over the place and my phone updating and making it not very friendly making post here on it.

Attachments

• photo339086.jpg
    photo339086.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo339087.jpg
    photo339087.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 2
  • photo339088.jpg
    photo339088.jpg
    258.2 KB · Views: 2
  • photo339089.jpg
    photo339089.jpg
    614.5 KB · Views: 2

Original Thor

Seaman
Boy have I been busy but did manage to get the boat on the water for a total of 10 hours till I blew up a coil pack and had to use the trolling motor the last 2 hour trek with the boat.

It wasn't out of the garage for a total of 12 hours and literally got poured into with a flash thunderstorm the rolled in over the hill. Good thing its fast cause we just got off the water before it started raining.

Its so much more quieter on the water with my foam I cut up in there and flys on the lake at 45 mph. The seats are all going to go and going to do the two captains chairs up front and a full bench across the back that will flip down for a full area for standing and casting. Trolling motor worked like a charm and moves the voat right along. So much better then running the motor. Quiet and calm.