Replacing stero can I use existing remotes on transom and dash??

rsidwell79

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
4
I am upgrading my head unit but I wanted to leave the existing remotes on the transom and dash. If I stay with a Calrion head unit (that is what is there currently) will the remote cables be compatable?

Thanks
 

Silverbullet555

Chief Petty Officer
Joined
Mar 13, 2011
Messages
621
Re: Replacing stero can I use existing remotes on transom and dash??

They most likely will if your head units have wired remote inputs. I would double check first to make sure the head unit you choose is compatible. The documentation should mention it.
 

Auger01

Petty Officer 1st Class
Joined
Aug 15, 2009
Messages
201
Re: Replacing stero can I use existing remotes on transom and dash??

What do you have and what do you wan to put in? There is a chart on the Clarion website somewhere that shows what is compatabile.
 

rsidwell79

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
4
Re: Replacing stero can I use existing remotes on transom and dash??

I have a XMD2 that quit working after I hooked the battery up backwards. I blew the 90a main fuse but I guess that didn't protect the radio. I want to put a M109 in to replace it. Appreciate any help!!
 

rsidwell79

Recruit
Thread starter
Joined
Sep 5, 2012
Messages
4
Re: Replacing stero can I use existing remotes on transom and dash??

The M109 is not wired remote ready, so maybe the M303. It looks like I have to change the remotes.
 
Top