replacement shocks for holesclaw trailer

Andy in NY

Commander
i have a part # for the shocks... 555002... just wondering if i can find something cheaper but dont know how to cross reference the #. internet just shows that part # only.

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer
Re: replacement shocks for holesclaw trailer

take one off and either get the measurements or bring it to napa or autozone and go through the catolog and match em up.

painterguy

Recruit

Napa will say they don't have them but they do.
Have them look in the RV catalog.
Probably not in stock but quick shipping.

cedarjunki

Chief Petty Officer

autozone had the ones for my old, thankfully gone holesclaw.......but i had to sit and read through there shock spec book and match measurements....
sorry i cant remember the part number.

Andy in NY

Commander

autozone had the ones for my old, thankfully gone holesclaw.......but i had to sit and read through there shock spec book and match measurements....
sorry i cant remember the part number.

what did you pay for them? i found some online for 20 something each...

cherlitta

Recruit

what did you pay for them? i found some online for 20 something each...
I had to replace my shocks on my 1978 holesclaw trailer this year to pass inspection in MD. After going to many different places of business, on line searching and much frustration - I found out that the shocks were made in a devision of Monroe that no longer is in business (of course) I did contact Monroe support on line , sent pictures, measurements and they cross referenced with part #66198. They fit perfectly. Cost $29 each