FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
I replaced the starter in my boat 1988 glastron onboard and now I don’t have any power to move the starter, any suggestions please just trying to get the boat back and running
I replaced the starter in my boat 1988 glastron onboard and now I don’t have any power to move the starter, any suggestions please just trying to get the boat back and running Well , if it was working before you did the work and now it`s not, review your work.
And could be easy as a bad starter.. Which is not unheard of.. I would make sure you have voltage going to the solenoid of the starter when you turn the key to the start position. It shouldn't have voltage without key engaged.
If you got power to solenoid when key is turned than make sure you have ground on the other side.. This should always be ground. You meet those two checks than starter is bad.
If you don't get voltage to solenoid than more than likely a fuse.. If not fuse than key ignition.
The test point would yellow/red and purple/yellow in the picture above..