FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
Very odd that they are painted. Stick-ons have been available for decades.
Not sure what to use but I know what not to use and that is something like Jasco Paint Remover. It will distort the gel coat.
If they are on a flat surface you might consider color sanding them off with some 600 grit. If they are like mine, they are mounted on a concave surface which would not lend itself to sanding.
Hopefully someone has some better and effective ideas.
I know this is an old thread, but I recently did this and it worked like a charm. I started with 600 grit wet sandpaper, then 1000, then 1500 literally 5-10 min job