Removing a boat from a trailer w/photos

bigboy

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Re: Removing a boat from a trailer w/photos

What a mess. This is what i would do. Lay a few tires at the ground. Attach the back off the boat to something behind the boat. Just drive forward with your car and trailer and you boat lays on the ground. Tadaa.. This is the fast way. Nice of you to post this all and share this with us... No offence about your method. But i've removed already 3 boats off the trailer. It's not so tuff to remove the boat off the trailer but to flip the boat over thats something else...

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

bounder<br /><br />I pretty much did mine the way you did, only I needed to go quite a bit higher as I was painting the whole boat. Ended up on 55 gal drums so I could spray underneath. I do not believe the tire method would have suited me as I intended to put it back on the trailer. And I thought more of my paint job than that.<br /><br />Dave..

bounder4465

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I never said it was hard to do, nor is the the only way to do the job. It is just an option for consideration...that is all. It never fails...if someone says in a post the sky is blue, people will argue it is a shade of gray, or blue, or almost blue.....no good deed goes unpunished.

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bounder, I like it... I wondered quite often how exactly I would do it... Now I know... Cant say the tire method would be my first choice... might use tires on the on the blocks for a soft resting place but not to hook the boat to something and land it on the tires. yikes. I must admit though the jack in the center looks a little scarey, I would probably use an engine hoist on the front u bolt with a soft tow strap.. just my opinion. Great description. Thanks.<br /><br />p.s. if you get time, how about a quick description of rolling it on its side.

aanda6

Petty Officer 2nd Class

hi, took my mates boat off the trailer and rolled it over last weekend to paint the hull. Very easy. Removed the motor(inboard), 4 guys lift the boat walk off trailer and sit boat on tyres, then rolled it onto side moved tyres and rolled it rest of the way.piece of cake. many hands make light work.