Relax

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Relax

The weather has been nice and dry here. We've been out almost every weekend this spring. Heres a picture of my boat from 3 weeks ago.<br /><br />
16637.jpg

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Toad, "Oh Canada"!
emthup.gif
<br /><br />I'll be seeing that pic in my head all day. That is some beautiful countryside!<br />It's 61 here this fine day. Clearing out after two days of extreme NASTY! So nasty, it took the boat shelter, and wrapped it around the boat.<br />But today, the winds have laid-down, the skies will be clear, the fish will be on the bite----And I best logoff, as I am allmost late for werk. :rolleyes:

LubeDude

Admiral

Nothing like the Pacific Northwest. Ya, it rains, but that is what makes it so beautiful, and thats what they make raincoats for. And I have rarely shoveled an inch of it.

Link

Rear Admiral

Toad2001<br />Thats a pretty picture. (and nice looking boat) Where is that at?<br /><br />Link

Toad2001

Chief Petty Officer

Hi Link,<br />Its up Indian Arm in the protected waters of Burrard Inlet North/East of Vancouver. Its a nice cruising spot to avoid the open Georgia Strait in the Winter months.<br /><br />It takes me about 3 hours to get there with my trawler or 40 minutes with my Whaler.

Link

Rear Admiral

Hey Toad<br />I just looked on a map and you would never know by it how pretty the place is. It's like going to Surrey, if your not a local or not with people who are you might never know about White Rock!<br />Just SE of you there is lake Diablow (sp) "Devils Lake" I'd like to check out some time.<br /><br />Have a good weekend<br /><br />Link

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Well never got to put the boat in the water but did make a trip to one of my local lakes here about 10 mile or so from me. <br /> <br />Took along a pole and pop-r and although nothing huge, did manage to catch 5 keeper bass. All went back to fight again as I am strictly a catch and release guy. <br /> <br />Was just nice to get out with wife in the nice 80* weather we had today. <br /> <br />Oh yea, bought me a new tractor. <br />A 7510 Kubota to go along with my other new BX2200 Kubota and my ol friend the B7100HST Kubota. <br /> <br />Yea, life is good in Kentucky. :cool:

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Had a storm roll in last night, by 8am it was as dark as if 4 am. Then they darkened, wind picked up and took 4 of my trees. As the wind subsided the hail came...Quarter sized. No damage from hail as far as I can tell but I'm sure that damage will become evident soon as the trees are just setting buds on. Looks like I will get an early start on next winters firewood (For garage). It is awsome to watch natures power, I watched the gust come towards me. It was taking trees as it came...I hated to lose the trees but what a sight to watch.<br /><br />Update: It took nine trees, I only seen four of them go down.

Link

Rear Admiral

neumanns <br />Your right about the falling trees. Last Oct during deer season we got caught in 70+ MPH winds and while making our why back to camp, we saw about 12 or so 150 foot trees go over. They were all falling away from the logging road but it was awesome to watch nature doing her thing. And we were glad to get back to the RV in the middle of a clearing :)

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I love a good storm.<br />Lt. Dan from Forrest Gump:<br />
You call that a storm?!
Gotta love Mother Nature. I'm always impressed with how she arranges things. We tried to move the flow of our creeks a few years ago. Now we have a new canyon. She definitely got her way and its actually better and prettier than what we planned. Who would have known? Proof here on our 10 acres. <br />Bassy :D