Regular speakers working, waketower speakers not working

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
At the end of last year all speakers were working. This year the ones mounted in the boat work but not the tower speakers. I know very little about stereo wiring requirements, amps, ohms etc. I do know the tower speakers go through an amp first. There is what I think is a "fuse capsule". Could this be the reason the tower speakers aren't working? How will i know if these fuses are blown?

gm280

Supreme Mariner
If you know where the fuses are located, take them out and see if they look blown. If you have a meter you can read the resistance across them and tell. If you have no idea what I'm talking about, take the fuses to an auto parts store and let them read them...

gt2003

Petty Officer 1st Class
Since this is a site for learning, I'll admit it... I went and checked the fuse today and it was fine. As I was screwing the ends on the fuse capsule back on, I looked directly below it at the bright red cable from the amplifier with the HUGE battery terminal on it. I connected it and VOILA, tower speakers worked! I had zip-tied the smaller wires that connected to the positive side together at the end of last year and just figured there was no way I could miss the huge red cable with the terminal on it. Apparently not. Hope this helps someone!

gm280

Supreme Mariner
gt2003, Thanks for coming back and letting everybody know what fixed your problem. That is the only way we all learn from each other... It's happened before and will happen again. So don't beat yourself up over it... Glad you are all working now :thumb:

NYBo

Admiral
That kind of thing happens more often than people want to admit.