Reflloring 67' Glasspar Citation

Jones064

Cadet
OK So here's the eal Got a free boat that has a few soft spots and 2 holes and am getting ready to replace the hole fllor because of this. Im new to boat and have had minimal fiberglass experience.

Heres my question If I get marine wood, does it need to be glassed over? I'm looking to cut costs where I can but want to do everything as right as possible. So if anybody has any suggestions please help.

I'm Cheap so I want to try to keep the budget low plus i have to pay for a wedding.

andgott

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: Reflloring 67' Glasspar Citation

I'm Cheap so I want to try to keep the budget low plus i have to pay for a wedding.

I know how that is- I just paid for a wedding, too!!

There is no real reason to use marine ply for the floor- You're going to want to fiberglass it, or at LEAST seal it with resin either way, so spending that extra cash on marine ply won't help the budget... Use AC exterior ply, or something similar.

Be prepared, though. Once you rip that floor off, there is a good chance that you'll find bad stringers- And check out the transom, too...

The best way to save some cash is to shop around for materials, especially online. You'll find that you can save 50-75% or more as compared to buying locally.