SpinnerBait_Nut
Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Thread starter- Joined
- Aug 25, 2002
- Messages
- 17,651
"Reflections of a Mother... "<br /> <br />I gave you life, but cannot live it for you.<br /><br />I can teach you things, but I cannot make you learn.<br /><br />I can give you directions, but I cannot be there to<br /> lead you.<br /><br />I can allow you freedom, but I cannot account for it.<br /><br />I can take you to church, but I cannot make you believe.<br /><br />I can teach you right from wrong, but I cannot always<br /> decide for you.<br /><br />I can buy you beautiful clothes, but I cannot make you<br /> beautiful inside.<br /><br />I can offer you advice, but I cannot accept it for you.<br /><br />I can give you love, but I cannot force it upon you.<br /><br />I can teach you to share, but I cannot make you unselfish.<br /><br />I can teach you respect, but I cannot force you to show<br /> honor.<br /><br />I can advise you about friends, but cannot choose them<br /> for you.<br /><br />I can advise you about sex, but I cannot keep you pure.<br /><br />I can tell you the facts of life, but I can't build your<br /> reputation.<br /><br />I can tell you about drink, but I can't say "no" for you.<br /><br />I can warn you about drugs but I can't prevent you from<br /> using them.<br /><br />I can tell you about lofty goals, but I can't achieve them<br /> for you.<br /><br />I can teach you about kindness, but I can't force you to<br /> be gracious.<br /><br />I can warn you about sins, but I cannot make you moral<br /><br />I can love you as a child, but I cannot place you in G-d's<br /> family.<br /><br />I can pray for you, but I cannot make you walk with G-d.<br /><br />I can teach you about G-d, but I cannot make G-d<br /> your Lord.<br /><br />I can tell you how to live, but I cannot give you eternal<br /> life<br /><br />I can love you with unconditional love all of my life.....<br /> and I will !!!<br /> <br />Always , Mom<br /><br /><br />Happy Mother's Day to all you moms out there.