Redneck home projects...lets see'em

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Redneck home projects...lets see'em

fishhook.jpg
<br />How about this fish hook I made for catching sturgeon. Tie the other end of the rope to the bumper and put a small ham on the hook and wala. By the way I made if from an old "hay hook". Chief ;)

ndemge

Commander

To add to the redneckradios......<br /><br />
redneck_radio.jpg

Bondo

Staff member

Well,........ I'm not sure these qualify as Redneck Home Projects,........ I think so,...<br />You decide,..........<br /><br />1st,... I needed to move 10 Tons of gravel down the hill,.. about 20',......<br />And,... I had 2 275gal. Fuel Tanks that had rusted thru, junk in other words,....<br />Here's the Start of the project,...<br />
shutestart.jpg
<br /> <br />This is the big move,.....<br />
shutetogo.jpg
<br />This is the shute in place,+ the gravel at the bottom of the hill,.... With a 2" trashpump, it took almost 0 effort.... Just raised the dumptruck box,+ Pumped in the water,... the gravel Flowed down the hill to my catch basin made of Hay Bales,+ Barrier Fabric.......<br />
shuteinplace.jpg
<br />In the Spring I'll try to give it away to a Fire Dept. or somebody for a Chicken BBQer..........<br /><br />This 1 I built for a friend back in 2000,.. He had a camp with a Huge Great Room,+ Open floor plan,.......<br />Big Area,... Big Woodstove,.....<br />
woodstove.jpg
<br />Trouble is,... He Sold the place before the stove was completed,......<br />Now, I have a Big Woodstove,+ No where to put it.........<br /><br />This is the roadside sign at the old family Lodge up in Maine,...... My Sister married a Great Guy,.. With the last name Smart,.........<br />I Couldn't resist the play on words......<br />BTW,... It's a piece of diamond plate with Nickle welding rod,+ Bronze over lay.......<br />
smartbondsign.jpg
<br /><br />These are at the end of my driveway,... I built them for a fellow who owned a Motel,.... But,.. He sold it by the time I had his sculptures done,....<br />
greenbouy.jpg
<br />
redbouy.jpg
<br /><br />This is what happened when I was trying to find Something to build out of the Several Miles of 1/2" black iron pipe I came across,..........<br />Wrong material for this project,.. Too Heavy,+ Bends Too Easily,...... But I built it,+ will run it till it's Junk........<br />
atvtrailerup.jpg
<br />Not only does My 4wheeler fit In it,... It's also towable by the 4wheeler......<br />In other words,...<br />I haul the 4wheeler to the trailhead,..... Unload the Quad,+ Hook the trailer to the Quad,+ Keep Going.............<br />Ayuh,........ That's a Mercruiser Trim System that Dumps the trailer,...........

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Bondo,<br />Your profile says you've owned Many,Many,Many boats. From one of those pics, looks like you still own many,many,many. That's an armada.<br /><br />On a side note, I regret questioning your advice on how to weld/cut propane tanks many months ago. Obviously, you've got the experience to back what you say.

Bondo

Staff member

Here at Home I've got a little Craftsman Air Compressor that can't keep up with my air tools,... Soo,... I added More Volume......<br />
airtank.jpg
<br /><br />And,... Of Course I can't be a Metal Worker without an Anvil,......<br />
anvil.jpg
<br /><br />This is an Oil Pre-lube Pressuretank for when I build an Engine,....<br />Dump in a couple gallons of Oil,.. Attach it to an Oil Port in the Block,+ Add Air.......<br />Result,....... A Fully Lubed Engine,.. without turning it over to pump it up.......<br />
oilpressuretank.jpg
<br /><br />This is a SandBlaster that isn't quite completed yet,...........<br />
sandblaster.jpg
<br /><br />I've posted this before,.. But,...<br />This is the Pumphouse at the Lodge in Maine,.......<br />2 Ends out of 1200gallon Propane Tanks,....<br />
pumphouse.jpg
<br /><br />This is another use I found for All that 1/2" Iron Pipe,...... Again,.. Not the best material for the task,.. But it Works......<br />Note the Wheels,..... Hand-built from propane tank pieces,+ pipe......When pushed into the water,.... It makes a nice stable, level Dock.......<br />
dock.jpg
<br /><br /><br />And,...............Although this picture isn't the best,......<br />This is My Crowning Achievement,.....<br />A Very Good Friend was building a House on 1 of the Islands in the St. Lawrence River,+ Didn't want to Rent a Barge,.........<br />So,...... I Built him 1 out of Propane Tanks..............
thebarge.jpg

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by BoatBuoy:<br />Bondo, On a side note, I regret questioning your advice on how to weld/cut propane tanks many months ago. Obviously, you've got the experience to back what you say.
Ayuh,..........<br /><br />I was Trying to tell you That,.. Way back Then.................... ;)

Moody Blue

Captain

Bondo, all of your neighbors must have their BBQ propane tanks chained and locked. Don't think they would be safe around you :D . What is that LARGE wheeled ramp structure?

Bondo

Staff member

Ayuh,..........<br />Actually,... When they changed the Valves in propane tanks to the OPDs, a couple years ago,.....<br />There's 1000s of Junk Tanks laying around.......I think I've got 999s of them..... :D <br /><br />"What is that LARGE wheeled ramp structure?"<br />Sorry about that,... I just went back,+ edited the discription,....<br />That's the Boat Dock at Chemo Pond.......

Moody Blue

Captain

Very creative and a good use of resources and materials. You have the reduce,recycle and reuse thing down pat ;)

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Bondo I wanna come play at your house :D ... I could use a roller smacker to tow behind the lawn mower..., a lawn airator out of another tank and some of your excess pipe, and I wanna build a submarine out of an old propane tank... course gotta remake the bubble on top out of thick glass :D How bout a full depth standup hottub, <br /><br />See I could have fun at your house too lol<br /><br /><br />unrelated: I had a friend that had his mailbox run over by a red chevy truck every week for a month and a half.. 6 times... how did he know it was a red chevy truck you ask?<br /><br />He brought home 25' of well casing and dug it in between 15 - 20' cut the top off.. cased the above ground section in 1"x6" boards to make it pretty and set a new mailbox on it... came out one night to a horrible noise and found the red chevy truck with its nose wrapped around his mailbox post. :D