Recently purchased 1987 winner18ft cc

Gjg33nj

Recruit
Hi, I recently purchased a winner 1987 18ft cc as a project boat.
the boat is in good condition with a few small issues
I am looking to replace the below water line thru hull fittings to the left and right of the bilge plug.
anyone have information where I can purchase the correct fittings ? They seem to be longer than stocked items at my local marine supply store
thanx

I just went out and looked at mine, they are long. I have pipe caps on the inside of 3 of them 1 looks to be 1 1/4 npt other 2 are 1 inch npt. I wouldn't trust using them to drain anything cause if the hose broke down goes the boat. What were they thinking when they made that? It's a good boat solid and a little overweight but good on the water up to a point, it's still only 18 ft not one I'd feel comfortable offshore except on a very calm predictable day.

Gjg33nj

Recruit
Thanks for your timely reply , I have another question thou,
I see that the fitting on the port side is for the live well, what I can’t determine is what the fitting on the starboard side is for, the hose runs from the fitting to the center line bilge toward the bow. Unable to see where it ends. I tried spraying water into the fitting and it fills up then canes right back out.
do you have any idea what that fitting is for ?
thanks again

I believe it is for the drains located under the cover hatch immediately in front of the console on the floor. Lift the floor cover you will see 2 small holes on the rear corners. They should drain out thru the transom hole your referring to, probably blocked by crud. I'm running a 1988 140 Evinrude looper on mine and can achieve about 34 mph on GPS

Gjg33nj

Recruit
Wow ! I seen those drains. That’s a weird design, since the drain is below the water line on the transom. I think I’m just gonna cap that one off.
ussually any open fitting below the water line is an inlet / supply.

The purpose of them is to prevent spash over or rain from collecting in the bilge. Sense they are above the waterline gravity will drain them out weather the boat is in or out of the water.

Gjg33nj

Recruit
Got it ! Thanks again for the reply,
I see Rarotonga bay on your post, I’m up there from time to time from Manasquan.
if all goes well the boat should be out there in June.