Recent Upgrade

toneeees

Administrator
Hey everyone, we did an update today and had to start from the ground up again. I believe I've added everything back in, and tweaked the styles enough to match our store.

Keep an eye out for anything not working, or acting strange. Send me a message or reply to this topic with info on the issue.

Tnstratofam

Commander
I don't know if this is true with all formats, but on my iphone I no longer have the ( back to the top ) feature when I'm scrolling through a thread.

toneeees

Administrator
I don't know if this is true with all formats, but on my iphone I no longer have the ( back to the top ) feature when I'm scrolling through a thread.

Ah! Something I forgot to add back in. There is a link at the bottom of the page that says "Go to Top" I will work on adding the back to top feature on mobile.

JASinIL2006

Vice Admiral
Two-finger pinch (to zoom in the screen) seems to not be working on my iPad again. Is that also a manual patch?

Grandad

Lieutenant Commander
Overnight I just received email notifications of at least a half dozen subscription posts. Trouble is they are all posts from early June. - Grandad

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Okay how does my post have Wood On Glass's avatar posted together? On the Linginston Putty Scrape thread it shows WOG's avatar with my handle listed... I didn't even know I changed my profile?

Last edited:

sam60

Captain
It's nice that the birthdays are back. Is member location on the list of regrades?

nurseman

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Ah! Something I forgot to add back in. There is a link at the bottom of the page that says "Go to Top" I will work on adding the back to top feature on mobile.

I was wondering where that had disappeared to! Thanks!

toneeees

Administrator
Two-finger pinch (to zoom in the screen) seems to not be working on my iPad again. Is that also a manual patch?

Yes, however I thought I did that. I will check on it.

Okay how does my post have Wood On Glass's avatar posted together? On the Linginston Putty Scrape thread it shows WOG's avatar with my handle listed... I didn't even know I changed my profile?

It sounds like we have to tweak our cache settings a bit.

It's nice that the birthdays are back. Is member location on the list of regrades?

Good question, I will play around with it tomorrow and see if I can get the location on posts.

toneeees

Administrator
I added the Back To Top button. It appears on the right side when scrolling more than half down the screen.

The pinch to zoom feature should be back also.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
I added the Back To Top button. It appears on the right side when scrolling more than half down the screen.

The pinch to zoom feature should be back also.

Okay toneeees, I am not even trying to be nit-picky, but I finally found the "back to top" box, but it was located at the very very bottom of the page AND on the left hand side of the (my) screen instead of showing up half way down the page on the "right side" of the screen. Just letting you know...

Okay, my fault...I did see a little place under the latest advertisement column on the right side of my screen that says "back to top" on the right hand side now. If I wasn't seriously looking for it, I am sure I would have never noticed it at all... My ageing eyes... :facepalm:

Last edited:

toneeees

Administrator
Okay toneeees, I am not even trying to be nit-picky, but I finally found the "back to top" box, but it was located at the very very bottom of the page AND on the left hand side of the (my) screen instead of showing up half way down the page on the "right side" of the screen. Just letting you know...

That is strange. What browser are you using?

I meant the button doesn't appear until you are more than half way down the page. The button is located at the bottom of the page. Try clearing your cache, it is possible that your browser still remembers the old styling.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
That is strange. What browser are you using?

I meant the button doesn't appear until you are more than half way down the page. The button is located at the bottom of the page. Try clearing your cache, it is possible that your browser still remembers the old styling.

toneeees, I want to thank you for everything personally. It seems so easy for US to point out discrepancies all the time, but I honestly do appreciate everything you all are trying to fix as well. I had an impossible time trying to log on last evening and again this morning. So I actually got online with a chat person from iboats.com in the general section and not the forum section and asked her if there were any reported issues about logging into the iboat forums. And the reason was, coincidently I just finished upgraded my computer ram with 4 more GBs and didn't know if somehow that was effecting my ability to log or now. Seems once I did get through and logged on, everybody was having the exact same problems. So now it is like greased lighting to log on. It seems the problem again was fixed. Thanks you for your time and concerns. I honestly mean that too... :thumb: :thumb:

toneeees

Administrator
toneeees, I want to thank you for everything personally. It seems so easy for US to point out discrepancies all the time, but I honestly do appreciate everything you all are trying to fix as well. I had an impossible time trying to log on last evening and again this morning. So I actually got online with a chat person from iboats.com in the general section and not the forum section and asked her if there were any reported issues about logging into the iboat forums. And the reason was, coincidently I just finished upgraded my computer ram with 4 more GBs and didn't know if somehow that was effecting my ability to log or now. Seems once I did get through and logged on, everybody was having the exact same problems. So now it is like greased lighting to log on. It seems the problem again was fixed. Thanks you for your time and concerns. I honestly mean that too... :thumb: :thumb:

gm280 , thank you very much. We appreciate the recognition. I will let the guys know who were in here this morning figuring out what happened to our server. If you have any other problems or concerns, feel free to send me a message.

jbcurt00

Staff member
The search function box isn't shown anymore.

Firefox on my Win8 laptop

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
JB - According to toneees, it should look like the attached. Are you zoomed in by any chance?

searsnip.PNG

jbcurt00

Staff member
I didn't think so, but, ah, yeah I was :facepalm: :watermelon:

Everything else was visible.......

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I won't say why, but there is a reason I asked you bout Zoom. I wouldn't know why. :rolleyes:

Zoom into until the header goes nuts, around 250%

toneeees

Administrator
I'll play around with it to try and find the perfect setting, might just have to make the search bar a little smaller to show when the display is smaller. Right now the search bar doesn't show if your screens width is between 780 and 800 pixels. I don't know many devices that would have a width like that, but if one person is experiencing the issue, others are.