Recall

Druta

Seaman Apprentice
Hi friends I was just looking at BOC site and picked this up thought we could use it here as well. Please give credit not to me but to the original poster. And if you get time to call keep this updated with the model types and years

Recall # 090003S
Various Trophy Sport fishing boats
Navigation bow light fixtures are incorrectly installed on some 1999-2009 trophy boats built at the Cumberland MD. Plant and equipped with separate port and starboard bow light fixtures. Affects 8876 units

The letter says the following,
"Your selling dealer has been notified of the recall and is prepared to address your boat. This inspection and correction will be done at no cost to you. If you are unable to arrange for this retrofit through your selling dealer, please telephone our Customer Service department at (360)435-8957. We will assist you in making arrangements to address this issue."

lyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Trophy Recall

thanks for the heads-up Druta....that recall is me and I have been trying to find those seperate lights to replace myself for sometime now with no success

Druta

Seaman Apprentice

Nice fish

Anyway I Google it and also got this for those this may affect:

MIC THM

NUMBER 090003S

COMPANY Trophy, Brunswick Boat Group

MODEL NAME Various sportfishing boats

YEAR 1999-2009

PROBLEM Navigation lights

UNITS 8,876

COMMENTS Navigation bow light fixtures are incorrectly installed on some 1999-2009 Trophy boats built at the Cumberland, MD plant and equipped with separate port and starboard bow light fixtures. Affected models are 1999-2007 2002WA FF, 1997-2009 2052WA FD, 2000-09 2352WA FN, 2000-09 2359WA FB, 2004-09 2502WA FX & 2005-09 2503CC FW

UPDATE FYI
I just called the number and spoke to Don at Customer service and he explained that the recall is in effect due to a mis-alignment of the fixtures themselves that would hamper the visibility of them from various angles as required by the USCG. He further explained that you would need to check the front and rear base mounting holes to see that that are not more than 5 degrees out of alignment. If so you need to have that corrected. Now That's what I was told if your told different lets us know.

lyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class

just got off the phone and you were right on the money, thanks again...(my lights were broken because thats where I secure the anchor and not paying attention one day when I was trying to pull anchor in a hurry and.......well you know.