Rebuilding Terry Bass Boat 1977

COB

Recruit
I have stripped the boat of everything I can. Keel boards, stringers and transon needs completed rebuilded. My problem I can't get the top rim walking board (??) off. I removed the outer trim, drilled out the rivets. I can see the side planel of the board and this top part but it looks like it has been fiberglassed over as to be made into one part. How do I separate to remove this. Grind out the fiberglasss from the top part to the side? Help? Got pictures on my facebook. Having hard time putting pictures on here. Thanks for any help!:eek:

Attachments

• IMG_0757.jpg
    IMG_0757.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    IMG_0754.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited by a moderator:

COB

Recruit
Re: Rebuilding Terry Bass Boat 1977

I have the rotting Floor out. In research for type of material best to use for stringers and Keel boards in bottom. Hoping its ok to cut all that rottenn plywood glass crap out and re-glass the entire botttom of the boat. Tamson is a mess. Rotten inside, will need to replace. Need help.... What s the best way to remove the cap off the hull. I removed the molding at the edge/meeting of cap and side of hull where they meet. I drilled out the rivets. But... it appears inside under the cap Terry has glassed over the meeting of the two parts. (hull side and cap) Is there a trick or something or do I and the grinder need to climb in there try to grind off the glass to seprate the two. Why am I worried about this? When I remove this it gives me bettter exposure to the transom. As you can see in the pictures that cap goes front to back and over top the transom.

Attachments

• IMG_0778.JPG
    IMG_0778.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0777.JPG
    IMG_0777.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0775.JPG
    IMG_0775.JPG
    118.5 KB · Views: 2

Remedy911

Cadet

Hey COB, i recently picked up a 1977 Terry about 6 months ago and I am planning to restore. My floor and transom are in good shape. Hows yours coming along ? Any more pics ?

Robert1975

Recruit

I also have a '77 Terry. Why can't I see any of the pics? I am also going to uncap mine.