Rebuilding ski centurion wooden air scoop

HOTUB

Cadet
Hello

i am tring to rebuild my wooden air scoop on my 1989 ski centurion. Mine is so warped and cracked, also looks like the first owner rebuilt it wrong and so i was wondering if anybody has the original look and dementions of the air scoop. Also anyother the suggestions.

Thanks
hotub

Attachments

• 2011 033.jpg
    2011 033.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 0

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Rebuilding ski centurion wooden air scoop

Better, close up pictures, would really help to give you proper guidance.

HOTUB

Cadet

26761-1.jpgCenturion_profile02_s.jpgS

does this help u any
thanks

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hi hot tub....

does that help....uh...lol....not really.

we need to see close up pics of what you are working with....as it is now...

it just kinda looks like a chunk of wood on top of a glass frame.

actually that must be a really neat factory option of style of hull....i havent seen or worked on a centurion that has one....and i have worked on lots of centurions.

what is the condition of the scoop now?...is the wood just cracked and warped?

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner

No offense Hottub, but you really need to work on your photo skills. I can see som delamination but... No WAY can I determine how the scoop is contstucted or anything else. To blurry and no details. I would really like to help but I can't offer any suggestions until I can see the setup more clearly and precisely. I'm with OOPS on this. I really don't think this was a factory option, but rather a PO's concoction. What purpose does it serve? Just for Looks?

oops!

Supreme Mariner

i just blew up pic one woodie.....that is just a chunk of wood someone threw on top of the front deck....then gave it a custom paint job.

centurions had very different gellcoat lines....that is more of an auto line.

HOT TUB... can you please clean up the pics....and take several from different views....close up......

we really need to see it before we can properly help you...

but im guessing all you need to do is crawl under the nose.....un bolt the scoop....sand and re varnish it !

HOTUB

Cadet

well just to let u know OOP's that centurion did make that gelcoat because its original. wow love people that just think they know what there talking about but there completely wrong. i just thought i could get some help here, guess my pics suck ill just go on centurions fourm and ask them........ no offense woodonglass.

oops!

Supreme Mariner

hot tub.....you are on the best boat forum in the world....

we WANT to help you.....we just cant see from the pics....thats all.

if you go out to your boat.....and take come close up pics....then we can see what you need to do to fix it properly.

i think even you will agree that there is not much we can recommend with those pictures