Reasons for restoration.

GAMAYBERRY

Cadet
I see alot of great restorations on here, and honestly this forum provided me the sanity to make it through it. I just wanted to start a fun thread that would allow us a simple "show and tell" moment.

Let's just post a picture or two of before, a picture or two of after, and a picture or two of the "reasons for restoration" such as family and friends making memories on your completed project, because we all know that *making money isn't a reason to do it! :D

rsz_1picture_001[1].jpgrszPicture 010.jpgrszPicture 029.jpgrsz_boating_001[1].jpgrsz_boating_002[1].jpg

Woodonglass

Supreme Mariner
Re: Reasons for restoration.

Started with this...

PortSideview.jpg

Finished with this...

Photo0430.jpg

And it was all for this...

IMG_3778.jpg

Last edited:

jigngrub

Fleet Admiral

Yeah, same reason here too:

Nice fish don't like to be seen in a ratty boat.

mwe-maxxowner

Master Chief Petty Officer

Started with this

20130116_121402.jpg

Now I have this

20130802_172603_zps40824c73.jpg

20130802_171901_zps8bfb9c22.jpg

20130802_172322-1_zpsf46c824a.jpg

And I do it for this

IMG_1301_zps296b3916.jpg

IMG_1292_zps8f45b87c.jpg

That is my girlfriend and my little brother. Both of whom got up on a wake board for the first time this week behind my tower, and both of whom had decided they would never be able to.

My little brother has been trying hard for three seasons behind my dad's bay liner with a transom pull. He's a little heavier and lacking slightly in upper body strength compared to the rest of us. He's not quite as naturally athletic as my dad, sister, and I, but this week he got it! I believe he now has the confidence to come up behind my dad's boat.

My girlfriend is also a little weak where upper body strength is concerned, and we had all agreed until this week that it was probably just not possible for her to pick up. Today, however, we decided to give it a shot. And she got it!

matt167

Rear Admiral

I wanted a boat to restore and got this

24v791t.jpg

So far I have managed to turn it into this ( ongoing resto )

316lwtw.jpg

And I'm doing it because of this.. I know the 8mm is grainy, but that is one of my uncles skiing ( I think ) behind the boat sometime around 1968. It's been in the Family since it was new owned by my grandfather, and now it is mine.
grandpaboatold.jpg

Last edited:

mwe-maxxowner

Master Chief Petty Officer

I wanted a boat to restore and got this

24v791t.jpg

So far I have managed to turn it into this ( ongoing resto )

316lwtw.jpg

And I'm doing it because of this.. I know the 8mm is grainy, but that is one of my uncles skiing ( I think ) behind the boat sometime around 1968. It's been in the Family since it was new owned by my grandfather, and now it is mine.
View attachment 206165

That is awesome! I would love for my future kids or grandkids to restore mine some day.

sphelps

Supreme Mariner

Went from this .

To this.

To remind me of the handsome guy on the left .

Dad loved this boat !

jbcurt00

Staff member

SP, your grandkids will be referring to you & the MFG the same way ;)

But hopefully not for a LONG time :cool:

All ^^^ great examples of the big Y. :watermelon:

As you guys get them mostly complete, ya need to get them the completed projects and before & after threads.

tommays

Admiral

The boat started with my friend Uncle Joe who is 92 in this picture and it had gotten beyond his ability to take care of it anymore and he did not want to see it cut up and junked as it was pretty far gone

While it still floated that was the only function it still served

About 20 months later it was a fully functioning sailboat again

And now in its third season after the refit it continues to be one of the best decisions i have ever made

Are return home on a recent 200 mile round trip

jbcurt00

Staff member

The completed project thread is closed, a MOD has to post it for you. If you have a thread w/ a completed project, PM a MOD & ask them to move it to the completed project thread.

They may ask you to cut & paste only YOUR posts to an entirely new thread, w/ possibly new commentary to fill out any details so that there's not a bunch of discussion back & forth or non-project related posts. Once you've condensed it, PM a MOD. If it's a short thread, they may do the condensing/editing for you.

The Before & after thread should be active so it shouldn't have a big red 90day banner, and definitely isn't closed:

URGENT New Improvements are coming to this section READ

The Before & after posting should conform to the requested 2 +/- before & 2+/- after pix, it's listed at the top.

For the completed projects thread post as many pix as you think necessary to give a great overview of your work & progress. Then several SPLASH pix to wrap it up :watermelon: