Really Old Stuff

Hooty

Rear Admiral
My cousin gave me this over half a century ago and it wuz old then! <br /><br />I know the general location and era but if any ya'll would like to shine some light, I'd be interested. <br /><br />
site1119.jpg
<br /><br />Happy Holidays & c/6<br />Hooty

dick

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Really Old Stuff

Looks like something I step in while walking the dog.

62_Kiwi

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Looks like a weather rock. <br /><br />This rock is the perfect weather indicator, it<br />never fails. It is more accurate than your local<br />weather person. This rock is the living word and<br />is 100% correct. This is how it works:<br /><br />a dry rock means fair weather.<br />a wet rock means it's raining.<br />a dusty rock means a dust storm.<br />a swaying rock means it's windy.<br />a shadow under the rock means it's sunny.<br />a white rock means it's snowing.<br />if the rock is jumping up and down, an<br />earthquake is upon us.<br />if the bottom of the rock is under water it's a<br />flood.<br /><br />most beautiful of all, though the rock is not<br />attached to its' existence, it doesn't mind which<br />of the above is happening.<br /><br /> http://www.windycreek.com/weatherrock.html <br /><br /> :D

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Not a clue, senior~ Hooty... :confused: <br /><br />Would ya give us some more to go on? Perhaps elaborate on the "general location and era"...<br /><br />Coppell huh? Got a bud that recently moved to Coppell..

Dunaruna

Admiral

I don't know what it is but I'll take a guess that its part of an old prop or anchor maybe? Is the 3 and a half inches a clue?<br /><br />Aldo

Xcusme

Commander

Hmmm, at first glance it looks like a cast iron fragment of some sort....getting warmer???<br /><br />A few more details would help....

Link

Rear Admiral

Hehe I call them stretchy rulers to tick off a carpenter I work with once in awhile but most people call them Tape measures! :D :D <br /><br />Am I right???

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

could be dinosaur bone???????

KaGee

Admiral

Looks like the bologna sandwich I lost a long time ago.

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Looks like the bologna sandwich I lost a long time ago.
The Virgin Mary is clearly visible in that sandwich, you lost $42,000 KaGee :p

one more cast

Captain

I must really be weird because it looks like a black lab to me.<br /><br /> This could be a fun winter past time. We could post a picture of something old or unusual and then try to guess what it is. Then the correct guesser could post a picture or we could just take turns.

KennyKenCan

Commander

I got it...<br /><br />Its a hinge point for a left-handed smoke bender!

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by gaugeguy:<br /> [The Virgin Mary is clearly visible in that sandwich, you lost $42,000 KaGee :p
I did???<br />
36_1_4.gif

eeboater

Commander

I'd place it in Mid-Cretaceous period about 110 Million years old.<br /><br />It began its life as Tyrannosaurus rex poo. Now, it's a good paperweight.<br /><br />Sean