Real world 2359 figures

dene

Recruit
We're considering laying down a refundable deposit today on a brand new 07 2359. Boat has the 5.0 fuel injected Merc with Bravo 3. Sales person, based on Trophy's claims, says it has a 165 miles range from an 87-gallon tank, which is 2 mpg. Does that sound right? Also, sales rep. claims an 28 mph cruise and a 40 mph WOT.

Keep in mind, it will usually be two of us on board with cruising gear (clothes, food, genny).

Finally, what are the handling characteristics like at slower speeds. If with need to go 20 mph with tabs down, does she wallow like a pig?

Thanks!

-Greg

frankie g

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Real world 2359 figures

don't buy anything w/o a sea trial...take her out for a couple hrs. and find out for your self!

lyle

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: Real world 2359 figures

Dene,
I have a 2001 model but it has the Alpha outdrive...the MPG is very close depending on how much of a payload you are hauling...the boat handles very well and I am sure you will enjoy the enclosed cockpit durring the rainstorms that sometime catch you while you are out to far to run back in...my top speed is 36 mph and I cruise around 28 mph....the RPM gauge acts funny at the same time reading anything from 4200 to 6000...I guess it is a little faulty, and never trust the fuel gauge...I would recomend installing a flow meter for peace of mind.....all in all I am happy with the boat and would not hesitate to recommend that model......the fishing room is a little limited but I think the tradeoff is worth it when I can get in out of the hot sun in the gulf where I fish...she used to wallow around at the speed for "no-wake" zones but I fixed that by installing a whale tail on the outdrive, but where she really shines is in rougher water...let us know if you go ahead with the purchase