Real, Fake, or No Christmas tree

tcube

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Real, Fake, or No Christmas tree

Real for sure - next year we'll get a live tree and plant it after Christmas. We're moving in April to 6.5 acres - plenty of room for tree planting!

maninahat

Cadet

Here in England its seen as a sign of being middle class to have a real tree and then plant it in your garden after Christmas.<br /><br />We're going to choose our real tree tomorrow - the first thing we do in preparation for Christmas - you don't get that excitement with a fake one.<br />If you keep it watered the needles don't fall.<br />Whichever you choose, we wish all boaters a peaceful and happy Christmas.

maninahat

Cadet

Delta - can't you get a mini one like they have in truck cabs? LEDs and all.<br />(Suggestion from Mrs Maninahat)

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hey, FSN.<br /><br />The tree huggers are the ones that will have the live tree and eat vegetables for Christmas dinner.<br /><br />The rest of us kill farm raised trees and eat critters. :)

aspeck

Staff member

Would love a real tree, but will be in Ghana for Christmas, and there aren't many evergreens there!

one more cast

Captain

This is my favorite time of year. After Christmas all the snow can melt but for now I love it.
I would like to retract that statement. Friday afternoon I went out to fire up my bulldozer and the carb was froze up, I finally got the linkages thawed out and then the d@#M thing wouldn't start, ran the battery down,after moving everything out of the way so I could get my jumper cables to reach I got her running, for about 10 seconds. The float is stuck or sunk, hit the starter again and pop. now I have her on fire but remembered a tip I read on iboats...Hit the starter again and sucked the fire out.. it worked.Gave up on the dozer until better weather. Yesterday went to the city. Wipers froze in the wrong arc to do any good and the washer fluid was froze (they make that stuff cheaper every year). The road was covered with wet salt so I couldn't see worth a crap....WINTER SUCKS!

D

DJ

OMC,<br /><br />After that day, I think I would have just gone to bed before I hurt myself. :eek: <br /><br />Real for us.