Real, Fake, or No Christmas tree

one more cast

Captain
We just went up on tug hill to get our tree, We found a beauty and it was cut on the spot for $20. The weather out side was frightful :D It was snowing and blowing to the tune of 1 1/2 foot snowdrifts in the road. This is my favorite time of year. After Christmas all the snow can melt but for now I love it.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Real, Fake, or No Christmas tree

Fake... Grew up on Real. Had to switch to fake when my cat kept insisting on climbing the real one. Knocked it over 4 times one year. I prefer real.<br /><br />Sean

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

I prefer real but what a mess to clean up. Fake is just alot easier. It was 35 bucks for the tree I liked last that was real so it also by far cheaper to go fake. $100 bucks and have had this one for 5 yrs prolly last another 10.

ebbtide176

Commander

same here, we were brought up with live trees, they smell great. but when i was a teen on a campout in freezing weather, i saw how the evergreens go up like a fireball. so wifie bought a $100 fake in late 80's and it still looks great. with all the tons of ornaments & the blinding glare emitting from kilowatts of bulbs, you don't really notice what the tree looks like anyway... unless you're wearing a welding mask :D

Fly Rod

Commander

:) We have gone from real to fake to real!!! ;) <br /><br />You can't beat a real tree!!! :D <br /><br />for 40 bucks where we go now ya can't beat it!!! these trees are trimed!!!<br /><br />We picked ours out last week and put a ribbon on it and will cut it one week before Xmas!!!<br /><br />And this year, we are blessed to have our 3-1/2 and 1-1/2 year old grand daughters to help in cutting it down, what more can ya ask for!!!! ;) :cool:

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We always get a real tree from a little Mom and Pop lot.I was hoping we would get some snow before we go and get one,but will probably go Sunday if I don't work.<br />Another plus to a real tree is they make killer crappie beds.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I have a fake, but would really like a real one. But I would rather have the money for presents.<br /><br />In better times I will get a real one.<br /><br />We grew up having a real one, and I always enjoyed decorating it.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral

Fake... the real one's are just too much hassle.

sangerwaker

Commander

Yup, fake one here, too. I love the smell of a real tree, but hate the hassles of clean up and removal among other things.

Homerr

Commander

You kidding? REAL !<br /><br />After all... I'm in Oregon!<br /><br />H.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Fake, We tried the real deal for several years but always needed a really big tree and the costs just got out of hand, not to mention the mess. Bought an artificial and this will be the third season using it.

LadyFish

Admiral

We always had a real tree and I do miss it. I have fond memories of going into the woods and topping a Blue Spruce every year when I was growing up and bringing it home on the tobaggon.<br /><br />After we moved to the Island and realized trees were old by the time we got them and didn't last long, we finally gave in and bought a fake one. In this heat they are a fire hazard in a weeks time, so we opted for a real good fake tree a few years ago. We spent a couple of hundred on it, but we were paying $100+ for a decent real tree every year anyway.

FSHKPR

Ensign

always had a real tree and i hated dealing with the mess. kept trying to talk wife into a fake one for years. finally one year i did not water the thing at all and when she wasnt looking i would go over there and shake the heck out if it. after cleaning up needles for the whole season she finally agreed to a fake tree. :D

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Fake for now. But I have an old 2-story Victorian that I want to install bay windows over and under. I want a tall tree where I can put the top half on the top floor and the bottom half on the bottom floor. Some years it might be upside down. :D

jimr

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Fake too many alergies in my family to have real

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I will visit all four of my children and their children and in one case their children's child.<br /><br />They will all have real trees. In one case it will be a live real tree.<br /><br />I don't put up a tree anymore, but when I did I preferred a live tree. There is a house in Warrenville, IL that has seven spruce and fir growing along the drive that once graced the living room in glorious decorations.

DeltaTow

Cadet

Allways had a really big real tree, then i Started living aboard my boat, and lots of things changed, Christmas Tree being one of them, even a Fake one is to big (in width) now i have a really good photo of a well decorated real tree, and I<br />post it on the Door of my Fridge (I have a big fridge not one of the little ones)

f_inscreenname

Commander

Hey JB <br />Thought your kids were "tree hugger's"?With hugs like that I would hate to be one of there significant others. :D <br /> Us, we will have a fake one. Two kids under 5 and two dogs (that like to drink tree water when there water bowl is 10 feet away)it will be a couple years before we can do real again.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

It looks like it's gonna be a real tree this year,even tho it's a hassle with the clean up and all.I just cannot find a fake christmas tree made in the USA :(

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Always a real tree for us. Balsam. Love the aroma. Tolerate the fallen needles.