Rate Yourself

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Re: Rate Yourself

Why should they get a tip for doing their job? If their only getting $2.15 an hour than I can understand tipping but out here in California the minimum wage is $6.75.
Federal law says they only have to be payed $2.15 a hour, not min wage. <br /><br />
Alot of that money can be tax free.<br />
Only if they are not reporting it. If the restaurant is the kind that takes all of the tips and then hands them back out or divides them there is no way around the taxes.<br /><br />My mom was a waitress her entire life, well shes still alive but can no longer work yet can't draw disability. She done well for us. We never had much but it put the food on the table. Because of my firsthand experiances with this subject I always tip well if if it is warrented. If the service is crappy and I can see its not because of something out of the servers control I tip very little. <br /><br />Mr. Dumb- Nothing else needs to be said, you said it all in your name.

LubeDude

Admiral

If I walk in and they figure the tip in with the bill, I walk out without ordering, other than that 15-25%, Im not going to be told that I have to pay a tip if I dont want to.

scott begovich

Seaman Apprentice

Mr Dumb<br />If you don't like tipping go to McDonalds or Wendy's. If you dine out and stiff the server, it is just plain rude. Stay home because these people are out there busting there humps to make a living.

Copespitter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Well lets see who's the dumb one here.<br />kenneth Brown- State law in California makes restruants pay their waiters and waitresses minimum wage. Most of these restruants around here don't divide the tips. The goverment takes 15% off the total bill for taxes. Any overage is tax free. Get it??<br /><br />ScottyBoffShore- I said I don't eat fast food. Aren't you able to comprehend a sentence? When did I say I stiff the server? I've always tipped 20% but I don't agree with it so I quit going out to eat. Do you understand??<br /><br />They may work hard but there are alot more jobs out there that require more physical labor than a server and they don't get tips.

scott begovich

Seaman Apprentice

Copespitter, I wasn't talking to you, I was talking to Mr Dumb. I have no problem with your post

tylerin

Commander

20% across the board (rounded up) Big Hooters or not. (I ain't getting any anyway). Furthermore, I won't dine with cheapskates

one more cast

Captain

One thing I have noticed in places like Bob Evans,Cracker Barrel,and Applebee's is ...the well dressed older couple driving the fancy new cars and the big parties of younger people that make a big mess.. do not usally tip well, if at all. Just my observation.