Random

bassman284

Commander
Funny stuff. I spent a fair amount of my youth working with cattle. One thing I found is that cattle are very easily amused. In this case, it's very difficult to tell if they are entertained by the music or entertained by the fact that some goofy dudes in khaki slacks and dress shirts are hanging around outside the fence making noise.

About 50 or so years ago, I was working for a neighbor stringing
an electric wire along the inside of his fence along the road. He had about 50 head of Angus cattle and Angus love entertainment and go to great lengths to seek it, in this case by pushing through or jumping the fence. The plan was to give them about 20,000 volts of incentive to stay inside. We spent most of a day stringing the wire, stretching it and putting up insulators to attach it and the cows were entranced. The whole herd followed us up and down about a quarter mile of fence, soaking in our every move. The looks on their faces were very much like the cows in the video. Late afternoon we finally finished it and hooked up the battery powered electric fencer and stood back to await results.

The cows looked at the fence, then they looked at us. Then they looked at the fence and again, looked at us. We just stood there keeping our faces straight. Finally one of the cows walked up to the new wire and dabbed at it with her nose. (The electric fencer shots out a jolt about once per second and apparently she hit it between jolts.) She looked at us again then dabbed with her nose again. Finally she licked it and all hell broke loose. She let out a might bellow and took off at full gallop. Meanwhile, a couple others had approached and weren't as lucky timing the nose dabs.

The fence was a success.

hungupthespikes

Master Chief Petty Officer
No Title

The old 557 started at 70k each. Now they have a 627hp with 3 different lower units, twin rotating, 70 mph, and 100 mph.
They are sweet

Attachments

• photo223904.jpg
    photo223904.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 0

WIMUSKY

Staff member
The old 557 started at 70k each. Now they have a 627hp with 3 different lower units, twin rotating, 70 mph, and 100 mph.
They are sweet

I believe it. I heard the 400s are $35k. So that guy with 3 on the back as over $100k just in motors..... dang!

foodfisher

Captain
He!!, at full throttle you're not even on the water anymore. Kind of like strolling thru the park on a pogo stick?