Random

gm280

Supreme Mariner
Some times I just shake my head in wonder. My wife has been using a CPAP machine for well over a decades now, and recently figured she needs a new machine and updated mask being how her present CPAP machine isn't even available or any parts for it anymore. It is obsolete now! So we get the proper doctor's prescription and called the local CPAP business/store to ask about the prescription they were supposed to receive from the doctor's office to set up an appointment for her. However, not only did they not give us an appointment, but told my wife they first needed to verify everything before any machine could be purchased. After a few days she called back again to see what the problem was. Seems they are now telling her that she doesn't have sleep apnea at all, that her initial sleep study revealed she doesn't have any sleep issues, so no CPAP will be offered, or could even be purchased! Amazing how you can so easily get a Concealed Weapon's Carry Permit easier than a CPAP machine. What is it with such close control over a CPAP machine that it takes jumping through so many hoops before you could possibly purchase such equipment, even after using such machine for so long... Are they that seriously deadly, or could be used against others in some criminal way? IDK

aspeck

Staff member
@gm280 , there are some online places where you can purchase CPAP machines and supplies without a prescription. Many times they are cheaper than with the insurance payments. I no longer get my supplies from the supplier who handles my prescription because it is cheaper online without the help of insurance.

gm280

Supreme Mariner
@gm280 , there are some online places where you can purchase CPAP machines and supplies without a prescription. Many times they are cheaper than with the insurance payments. I no longer get my supplies from the supplier who handles my prescription because it is cheaper online without the help of insurance.
Yeah, we have been thinking about doing it that way. It was just an eye opener to see how strict they are about CPAP machines where I can get a CCP way easier or even purchase a gun easier than getting a new CPAP machine. Just when you think you've seen everything, this crops up...

aspeck

Staff member
Yeah, we have been thinking about doing it that way. It was just an eye opener to see how strict they are about CPAP machines where I can get a CCP way easier or even purchase a gun easier than getting a new CPAP machine. Just when you think you've seen everything, this crops up...
I know, it is crazy! When my CPAP was recalled, they told me not to use it because it would cause cancer. Then they told me it would be about a year to replace it ... I kept using the old one till the new one came ... never sterilized it with a UV light, so I wasn't concerned. But a year to get a new one because the old one was recalled was just downright crazy!