R I P Lucy

triumphrick

Lieutenant Commander
Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

It's with much sadness and sorrow that we had to put down our Jack Russel, Lucy. We rescued her. She was the head momma at a puppy mill for JR's. She had been with us for the past five years and I am struggling with our decision to have her put down. Her last few weeks here have been painful for us and her. She had Cushings disease and was not doing well at all. God bless her, the tears flow as I again reflect on her life with us and her passing...

This picture was taken at Lk Griffen in Florida at the first Florida Iboats get together...

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: R I P Lucy

Always a tough decision. Know in your heart you are doing the right thing for Lucy.............no matter how hard it is on the ones who love her.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

I am really sorry to hear about that. It hurts as much as anything :(

For sure its a heart wrenching lose...By knowing you treated her right will help ease the pain......Perhaps later you can share the love with another lucky lucky dog...good luck.

jkust

Rear Admiral

I'm sorry for your pain. We did the same earlier this year with one of our 12 year old pets. It gets easier after a few months.

avenger79

Lieutenant Commander

it's always hard to say good bye to a pet. even though you know it's the right thing to do.

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner

I lost my Jack Russel 4 years ago. Sorry to hear and I know how you feel.

Silverskeeter

Seaman

Remember ALL dogs go to heaven ! You did the right thing,I would do the same for our little ones ! Condolences .

kenmyfam

Supreme Mariner

So sorry to hear that. They are truly part of the family. The pain eases with time but the memories never fade.

MTboatguy

Fleet Admiral

I lost both of my companions in the same year, I have always had a soft spot for Golden retrievers, as seen by my avatar, but the solace I can take in knowing they are no longer suffering, has brought some peace to my heart..

It is indeed a hard choice to put down a friend, but I can say, it does get better, one day at a time...

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

my prayers go out for you and yours.
not much else I can say.
just remember, the next lost soul is waiting in the wings.
it will be ok.

ponyman460

Seaman Apprentice

I am very sorry to hear this! I feel for you! OUr dogs are everything to us (wife and I dont have kids yet). Hopefully Lucy is in a better place waiting patiently for you to be reunited again .

RIck

DECK SWABBER 58

Lieutenant Commander

Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened."

It's with much sadness and sorrow that we had to put down our Jack Russel, Lucy. We rescued her. She was the head momma at a puppy mill for JR's. She had been with us for the past five years and I am struggling with our decision to have her put down. Her last few weeks here have been painful for us and her. She had Cushings disease and was not doing well at all. God bless her, the tears flow as I again reflect on her life with us and her passing...

This picture was taken at Lk Griffen in Florida at the first Florida Iboats get together...

It is our duty to put our animal friends to sleep when the time comes.

Really hard, but like Rodbolt said, when the time is right you'll go rescue
another lost soul.

I pray you have the blessing of peace and strength.

sstaz

Seaman

I almost had to put down my 13 year old border collie earlier this year. We came out of it and I am cherishing every minute I have with her now. When she does go I will have her look for Lucy in heaven. I am sure fellow boating dogs have a club up there:)

ziggy

Admiral

my condolences man. i got cats, but i've had several pass on. biggest bummer ya can have. i've never been able to bring my self to put one down. don't know if it's the right thing to do, but i just don't believe in killing. all my cats have passed on naturally. very distressing to say the least... i've immortalized my cat here on iboats. ziggy was my blind cat that lived to 19 years old. a very special friend indeed, i remember him well.. he lives on in my mind.. animals are part of the family when it comes down to it...

JBC2565

Recruit

These animals really do become part of our family.
Sorry for your loss of Lucy, but know she's in a better place.

nlain

Commander

Rick, So sorry to hear this, may she rest in peace. I had the pleasure of meeting Lucy a couple times she was a great companion. We have cats and dogs and dogs and have been thru this several times, it is not easy, it does get better in time, you will always remember the good times, and when the time is right you will get another.

marlboro180

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Rick,

All mine are rescues, except the one's ashes up in the a special spot in the cabinet, which is awaiting her little buddy to make it to 18 as well.....that is just a year off now.

Sorry for your loss, she sure looked happy riding in the boat:);)