FORUM RULES UPDATED - The forum rules have been updated to continue to provide a friendly and safe environment for our member community. Please take a moment to review the updated rules and our terms of use and privacy policy. Click here for Forum Rules which has links to the 'terms of use' and 'privacy policy'.
In Other News . . .
You will notice a few enchancements to the forums to make your experience better. These include: Email Notifications, Thread Previews, Thread Starter Notation, and Emoji Options on the 'Like' icon. . .
Additionally, the merchant portions of the website have been updated and are now operational. . . . Check out iBoats for all your boating gear.
So now that I have a big gaping hole in my boat seat to accommodate a pedestal seat mount, do I have to do anything to water-proof the hole before I attach the thing?
Re: Quick question on mounting a pedestal seat base
I'd probably put a seal of resin around it - poly would be fine. Could also use marine tex. Just pretty much anything to keep water from wicking into the wood.
Re: Quick question on mounting a pedestal seat base
I got some spar varnish laying around that has been thinned 10%, will that work OK? I don't have any resin and I'd hate to buy some just for this one hole.