Questions about muslems

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander
Ok Im not trying to sound preduduce but I have a question......Im sure there was people in germany during the second world war that would be considered "nazis" that would have said they were against what the nazis did to the Jews. I will take it one step further and say there may have been "good" people in Germany that called themselves nazis, But wether or not there was good decent people that were in that political party, they were commiting atrocitys as a whole. So the world stood up agianst them and to put it bluntly whooped there butts. When almost if not all the major terrorist attacks for yrs and yrs have been commited by muslems, why are we afriad to take a stand against them and say it like it is. I know not all muslems agree with what is happening and many say they dont represent muslem thinking(which I cant say that is true being that the Koran says to kill all infedels). I am interested in hearing from some of the people I and others have spared with on here in the past to explain where I am "maybe" off track in my thinking. I am very frustraited in the beheading of our civilans by these people stating that it is rightous because they are killing infedels accourding to their beliefs in their religion and yet the muslem world seems to be uneffected or nuetral at best when this stuff is done in the name of Alla. If Christians accross the world were commiting these vile and animalistic crimes against humanity I for one, even though I am a Christian, would be outraged and not only speak out against this type of behavoir but try to do my best to fight those who wished to destroy innocent life. My question is why does it seem to wrong to say america is at war with muslem terrorists? Is that desciption off at all. there seems to be this fear of stating our enemies are muslem for fear of not being "P.C." Well this war is and never has been a "P.C." war, Its a war of survival, that if not won will be the reason of many, many americans dieing.If I have offended anyone I truley didnt intend to. I would really prefer to think this is something different then a holy war( that scares the snot out of me) I am hopeing that someone could explain why my thinking might be off. :)

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral
Re: Questions about muslems

All faiths believe in Peace above all. It is the Fanatics that twist their beliefs to justify their actions. That happens with all religions, unfortunately. What is happening is nothing short of an abomination of Islam. Just like the Jews felt they were justified in crucifying Jesus. It wasn't the populus that wanted him dead. It was the ones that felt their authority was threatened by him.<br /><br />In every war that has ever been fought, each side professed that God was on their side. God (or Allah, or whatever name is used) is on nobody's side when it comes to war except for the ones that work to make it to end. Like Jesus said, "Blessed are the Peacemakers, for they will be called the children of God." al-Zirquawi has a special place waiting for him in hell, and he can't possibly get there soon enough for me! Allah is pissed as hell at him for violating His law and the barbarian will get his sooner or later. The sooner the better!

bayman

Senior Chief Petty Officer

It should be noted that Iraq is 97% Muslim (Shi'a 60%-65%, Sunni 32%-37%) quoted from the CIA fact book.<br /><br />We are fighting along on the same side as the Iraqi people, who are Muslim.<br /><br />Another problem is, of course, that the Shi'a and Sunni factions keep fighting against each other. Somehow the Iraqi people have to solve that one themselves as they consider each other (not just us) to be infidels.

12Footer

Fleet Admiral

Just to make my point ---If I was a Catholic, I would not consider myself to be automatically attracted to little boys.<br />But we are missing the entire point. The religion is fragmented into many sects. Some of them are inhuman in thier meathods of "worship" or profession of faith.<br />I won't claim to understand them. I don't WANT to understand them. I am extremely prejudaced when it comes to any of them. There is a local "mosque" that I want to see razed, but so far, it stands.<br />But just because they study the Qur'an as opposed to the Bible, I don't hate thier faith. Just what it now has come to represent to me.<br />When they stop funding terrorism thru thier ministry, we can again worship side-by-side. Until then, I'll not turn my back on any of them.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Ok willy you have a point but back to the beginning of my post I stated the Nazis probably had the same thing going on but we had to destroy the nazis because they became a world threat, that means the good along with the bad. The problem in Iraq is the the bad hide behinfd the good. Bayman you are right that those Iraqi that fight on our side are also muslem but they are not fighting to oppose a evil religious doctorin but for political freedom. I believe if it was not for their freedom most would be ok with the fact that we(America) are being attacked.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Prior to 9/11 I had a good number of Friends that<br />were Muslim originally from Syria. Seemingly normal<br />people with the same aspirations as the rest of us.<br />It took only one day for their true colors to<br />become apparent. Our differences ended our friendship.I worked with some of these people and<br />was friends with their friends and families.<br />To my dismay they cheered the attack of the <br />world trade centers and defended the actions of<br />OBL.At first I attempted to reason with them. What<br />a mistake that was. I wont go into detail, but it<br />left me and my wife bewildered. They share the<br />same hatred because it is bread into them. It is<br />perpetuated by the U.S. support of Israel their<br />mortal enemy. I think like 12ftr I no longer <br />trust any of them. Today these people keep to <br />themselves and are afraid to speak there minds.

Trent

Captain

12Footer.......You need to change your name! 100 footer +<br /><br />Nosleep...I feel the same!<br /><br />Now how about African Americans? You ever met a real one? Me I have not.<br /><br />I have many black friends....Dont know any African/American people. Dont know what they are. Your either American born or African born.

rogerwa

Commander

The issue I have is that the so-called moderates or mainstream do not denounce the atrocities. Some even support it. You may hear them express regret over a child getting killed but they blatantly stop short of condemning innocent killing of westerners. This silence is to me is condoning the violence. An implied approval.

beezee28

Master Chief Petty Officer

Point in fact... Christian and muslim (Christinity and Islam religion) has been at war since the middle ages and has never ended. Now it has been brought to light more intensly due to the fact that we have modern communication. Now the population of the world knows what is happening at a faster rate as opposed to olden time when news travel at snail rate. This make us aware of things happening around us. Both religion has their good and bad parts. One have to understand their or our culture to be able to fully understand their or our method of thinking. (Sound like history paper I am writing for college). This religion war never ended with the crusade but still continued until today. <br /><br />This is a true story, I was working on a cruise ship in Florida, the ship's owner were hiring waiters from europe and most of the crew are from 'eastern bloc' and a few Turkish. Now the official religion of Turkey is Islam. One of the turkish waiter got into an argument with one of the F&B manager and was terminated. Upon his last word to the F&B Manger who was an Austrian, he said these word... 'You know, we turkish has conquered you austrian when the ottoman was in power in europe'. That in itself said everything that needs to be said about religious difference between the 2 national on high sea. This exactly what I am trying to say, it is taught into the kid when they were growing up that their religion is better than anyone else. and if you cannot win an argument fall back to religion and blame the religion for any differences.

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

Breezee,
Both religion has their good and bad parts.
May be true in your eyes but in my "religion" we dont behead innocent civilions to get our point accross. :mad: In the past Christians have commited terrable deeds(the crusades) but since then Christians have become more civalized and have started to acctully follow their doctorine more closely.People say islam is a peaceful religion but I have yet to see any scripture backing that up. And Roger your right when one of their people are killed from us because they are hanging around with our enemies there is an uproar in Iraq and yet how many Iraqis are protesting our troops being killed or or civilian workers who are re-building their country deaths. the answer is none. So far I cant say anybody has shown 1 good reason for this not to be considered a war against Islam to me. Maybe those of us who are on Iboats are more able to express the truth then those who have to run this war and even more the media. :mad: :( :confused:

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Then there was that Slavery thing. A lot of slave owners were Christians. I'd venture to say most. One of their justifications was to convert the "savages" to Christianity.<br /><br />I had a girlfriend that was a Baptist. I attended church with her family for a few years. But they're pretty fundamentalist and my grandfather was a Lutheran minister. According to the Baptists, their's is the only "true" word and anyone that believes anyway else is condemned to hell. I really resented that they would basically be saying that my Grandfather was in hell because he baptized babies and Baptists wait until the person asks. That offended me. And Baptists and Lutherans are both Protestant Christians.<br /><br />Then there's what I call the Protestant/Catholic wars of Ireland. Christians killing eachother in what could only be called Terrorist acts. I guess what I'm saying is that Religion is the taproot of every war. That kinda turns me off to organized religion! No one religion may take claim to knowing the one and only "truth"! But they all do. And when the arguing turns to fighting...

mikeandronda

Lieutenant Commander

But willy it was not the Christian religion that was promoting slavery.......yes Christians owned slaves but it wasnt a Christian thing. The protestant/catholic war in Ireland was a political war not a holy war. What I am saying is that Islam is at war with America(not just Christians) and many if not most of them will say thats true in their own circles. We as a nation fear saying we are war with islam because of fear of being condemed by many countries accross the world and the far left wing polotitions here who sympathise with our enemies.And I feel your pain about the babtists thing but even saying someone is hell does not come close to commiting murder in the name of God.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

People that claim to represent Islam are at war with America. We Americans feel we are fighting someone that hates us in self-defense. We're not fighting them because we hate them. We don't even understand Why they hate us so much. Until we understand the Why, we'll never know How. How to find piece and coexistance.<br /><br />As a Christian, I have to look this as the Bible does. The book of Revelation is a scarey one and in it, the end of the world as we know it takes place in the Middle East. When Jerusalem is nuked or gassed, we'll know it's Armageddon. I see events unfolding toward that end and we have been given the opportunity to avoid it. Events that are happening right now are of Biblical Proportion. Revelation is our warning. We have to choose the right leaders or that's where we're going.

KaGee

Admiral

Originally posted by rogerwa:<br /> The issue I have is that the so-called moderates or mainstream do not denounce the atrocities. Some even support it. You may hear them express regret over a child getting killed but they blatantly stop short of condemning innocent killing of westerners. This silence is to me is condoning the violence. An implied approval.
How true!<br /><br />Another undeniable truth... though all Muslims are not terroists... to date all the terrorists have been Muslim!<br /><br />The silence from the muslim community is deafening. :mad:

Homerr

Commander

Here's my answer to the terrorists:<br /><br /><br />
pbhood2.jpg
<br /><br />I don't know why our officials can't grow a 'set' and get what needs to be done... "done"<br /><br />What's so hard to figure out that 99.9% of the terrorist attacks have been from MUSLIMS ?<br /><br /><br />Let's split some atoms and save not only American lives, but many others I'm sure.<br />We paid for all our defense hardware through our blood, sweat, and taxes. Lets use them!<br /><br />We're the most powerful nation on the planet, and we get pushed around by a bunch of back-woods thugs. ??? :confused: <br /><br />H

aspeck

Staff member

I will disagree with many of these posts. As I have said before in other posts, I spend a lot of time each year in Ghana. Ghana is a country in which thte population is made up of about 35% muslim. I do business with many of these and also have had a few in our classes. It was the muslim community that were the first to express sympathies after 9/11. It has been the muslim community that offered protection to us against the radical element of their faith.<br /><br />Do I agree with them? NO. But they are my friends and brothers, and they HAVE spoken out against the extreme element. But no one outside their circle has heard them.<br /><br />Do I want to nuke all muslims? NO! Would I like to see all muslims converted to Christianity? Yes! Do I think we need to go after the radical fringe and take care of business? Yes! And understanding the moderates goes a long way to winning their confidence and having them help us to win the war or terror.

KaGee

Admiral

Oh, and the SUDAN.... That's all MUSLIMS killing Christians.

rogerwa

Commander

Do I agree with them? NO. But they are my friends and brothers, and they HAVE spoken out against the extreme element. But no one outside their circle has heard them.<br />
Then they need to be heard outside of their circles.. All we hear is silence and when they do make a statement they do stop short.<br /><br />I am not a believer that all mulims are bad. That is a gross gross generalization. We do however have to put the necessity for change on that community. We cannot beat this thing with them sitting on the sidelines..