Question for the mods, and everyone to read

Kenneth Brown

Captain
Been noticing some people always have a different opinion and always try to down play the majority for the way they feel. I know the awnser but could we just say "!@#$% off ****" one time each without geting cast into eternal abandoment? I know the awnser, no you can't, but it sure would be nice huh? :)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Question for the mods, and everyone to read

I always thought (even in everyday life) that we should all be allowed 1 freebie a month. That plan would work here I think. Could work it on the honor system?

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

I'll go for that KB. Here's mine. "!@#$% off ****" :eek:

achris

More fish than mountain goat

I use to make it a policy in my shop of telling one customer per month to "!@#$% off". I felt great for days after each one. :D <br /><br />Chris...........

Grant S

Petty Officer 2nd Class

achris, I hope the one you picked deserved it.

achris

achris, I hope the one you picked deserved it.
Absolutely!!! That's why I felt so good.

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Sorry guys, can't allow it.....the boss would be looking for a bunch of new mods after he fired us for letting it happen.<br /><br />But on the up side.....Kenny and Boomyal got yours in for the month...... :D

achris

A new month's just around the corner guys. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Mod4

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Kenneth, it should be enough to just think it.<br /><br />There.....don't you feel better? :p

achris

I once asked a boss a couple of questions. The conversation sort of went like this.....<br /><br />Boss, if I call you a !@#$%, then you can sack me, right?<br />Yes.<br />If I think you're a !@#$%, then you can't sack me, right?<br />Right.<br />Then boss, I think you're a !@#$%.<br /><br /> :D :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Originally posted by Mod2:<br /> Sorry guys, can't allow it.....the boss would be looking for a bunch of new mods after he fired us for letting it happen.<br /><br />But on the up side.....Kenny and Boomyal got yours in for the month...... :D
Come on May. I have been saving up. :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

C'mon, guys. <br /><br />How many of you stepped on someone's toes before you got the feel of this place? Would you have become part of the family if you had been told that?<br /><br />Give newcomers a break. Help them to understand this environment. If they are still obnoxious, then. . . well, um. . . sic 'em!

CalicoKid

Lieutenant Commander

Give newcomers a break. Help them to understand this environment. If they are still obnoxious, then. . . well, um. . . sic 'em!
In that case JB I've been wanting to tell ya something for a long time... ;) :D ;) :D ;) :D :p

Bondo

Staff member

Originally posted by achris:<br /> I use to make it a policy in my shop of telling one customer per month to "!@#$% off". I felt great for days after each one. :D <br /><br />Chris...........
If That's the Case,..............<br /><br />I'm All Paid Up, til I turn about 85 or 90..............<br />Hope I Live that Long................... :D

KaGee

Admiral

A wise man told me a long time ago.. You have to be like the Palm tree and bend with the wind.

ndemge

Commander

$%*& OFF MOD2 and go tell your boss to shove it! <br /><br />whooh, I fell better. :) <br /><br />achris..... it does make you feel better :)

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> A wise man told me a long time ago.. You have to be like the Palm tree and bend with the wind.
Ahhh.. Miagi... good vice!

tomatolord

Chief Petty Officer

I vote to NOT allow it...<br /><br />I feel that type of language is really an escalation of feelings and that beyond that final $%@$%$ the only way to escalate the feelings or belief is violence.<br /><br />I have seen it personally that the name calling is now attacking the person personally not just the position that person is holding.<br /><br />People should recognize, sadly they do not, that once you start in on using that language you are dangerously close to the edge<br /><br />I personally rarely use such language, I reserve it for appropriate use.<br /><br />and believe me when I do people are shocked because I rarely use it versus the people who frequently use it.<br /><br />Sincerely<br />Tomatolord

achris

Tomatolord,<br /><br />Thanks for your comments, but me thinks this thread is very much 'tongue-in-cheek', so !@#$% off! :D

Tinkerer

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Originally posted by JB:<br /> C'mon, guys. <br /><br />How many of you stepped on someone's toes before you got the feel of this place? Would you have become part of the family if you had been told that?<br /><br />Give newcomers a break. Help them to understand this environment. If they are still obnoxious, then. . . well, um. . . sic 'em!
I am not sure that it is newcomers who were thought to be the unruly minority who deserved such treatment.<br /><br />Methinks it might be others of longer standing in contemplation. <br /><br />Still, I couldn't give a fishy $%^& if these %^&*# want to *&^% over the @#$*&^% #*&^%(*@# who are thought to be responsible for all the #*&^ here, as long as there is a reciprocal right to say "*#$% you, too"!